Tips on analyzing investment property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on analyzing investment property

After reading the "9 Affordable Strategies to Find, Buy, and Sell Real Estate" article last week I searched for some more tools and wondered what investors on this forum use when doing their analysis on potential real estate deals.

I usually try to ask my realtor all possible details about a property, but sometimes I don't get all numbers I need. I found out that zillow.com has a lot of data, even a rent estimate!
    Then I add the numbers to a property analysis tool Zilculator.com and generate a report with all the ROI, NPV and other metrics.

What other investors here use? Do you have some handy websites which help you with a deal analysis? Or do you rather use good old fashioned excel spreadsheet for the calculations?

Looking forward to see your tips and answers!
    I use Zillow.com
    33.33%
    I use online analysis tool (such as Zilculator.com)
    16.67%
    I use other websites (please mention them in a reply!)
    16.67%
    I use Excel spreadsheets
    33.33%

Hi Carly,

thanks for the tips. I personally check also Realtor.com before evaluating a property I am interested in. Then I always used an excel spreadsheet I downloaded from B.P., but I checked Zilculator.com which you mentioned and I love it so far! The free version is good enough for me. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Peter
    Zilculator Real Estate Analysis is the leading real estate investment software. Evaluate your property and create property analysis report in just 2 minutes.

Comment

Trulia.com, Realtor.com, Biggerpockets.com, Zilpy.com

Comment

Working...
      X