Wholesaling mentorship program for $40,000 or ChuckSmith's investing course?

To Whom It May Concern,
I just attended a Robert Kiyosaki Learn To Be Rich seminar and came away with a few nuggets. If you had no experience and little cash would you save up invest $40,000 in the 2 year mentorship or just use ChuckSmith’s Wholesaling Properties system, or try to find a wholesaler in your area to help? The Learn to Be Rich seminar moderator spoke of “education, education, education”, however I don’t have $40,000 in cash under my mattress and cash to pay for travel, food and board to these classes all over the country.

In addition I have Chuck Smith’s Wholesaling Course so does anyone have any experience applying the techniques in it.

Dont waste your money on the 40k class.
Ive never heard of chuck or his “system”, but i suspect that if you already have it, and you just start workin it, you will be further ahead than if you first get peeled on the 40k class.
If you know absolutly nothing about RE, then go spend 200 bucks or so, and take the realtors training class. Im not saying be a realtor, just take the class, so you at least have some educational basis to start from. Once you have done that, it will be easier to understand what to do next.

Couldn’t agree more…NO 40k!!!

I couldn’t tell you how many otherwise canny, savvy wannabe REIs have been skinned for big bucks and the $40k deal sounds prime for this gameh .

And please, before letting ANYBODY play with your $$$ check them out with your state’s Attorney Gen and your Securities Division. Also www.pacer.gov, a US Gov site that’ll tell you a lot about subjects of search such as bankruptcy filings, felony convictions. I’ve unearthed lots of well-dressed crooks with Pacer.

A “gentleman” named Mark Broe (no, no worries about suit for libel or slander here as a Google search will quickly show you his “sterling” record) took a number of locals incl some of my smarter, savvier investor friends a few years back and boy, was he slick!

So be smart and check out any “Gurus” who’re angling for your pocketbook BEFORE you too become a victim.

I agree with the others. I would not waste that much money on a course. That’s just insane. You can take that $40K and put that down on a property and have it cash flow each month for you. It’s a much better return.

Are you FREEKING kidden me.

$40,000.00
Thats the highest one I’ve herd of yet. Holy Moly.
Buy some books and save the $39,900.00 join and investment club and start doing. All the education in the world is useless if you dont use it.

HERE’S SOME FREE EDUCATION FOR YOU…

GO FORTH AND DO. Thats all the education you need. Everyone makes mistakes in this business when they start. If your not making mistakes your not trying hard enough.

[QUOTE=jlondon;882914]$40,000.00
Thats the highest one I’ve herd of yet. Holy Moly.
Buy some books and save the $39,900.00 join and investment club and start doing. All the education in the world is useless if you don’t use it.

HERE’S SOME FREE EDUCATION FOR YOU…

GO FORTH AND DO. That’s all the education you need. Everyone makes mistakes in this business when they start. If your not making mistakes your not trying hard enough.[/QUOTE]

Good advice!!! Everything Smith has to teach you is available for free, and you don’t have to fly around the country. If I chased his carrot I would be the most p.o.ed guy on the planet when I discovered what he was delivering.
Even if you can’t spell real estate, The forty grand and time will produce you several deals, what Smith will provide you is an empty bank account, which is fine with him, he would rather have it in his account then yours.

Go to a good bookstore have a cup of coffee, review some books and buy those that seem to provide the info you seek, of course hit the library first and read anything and everything related for a foundation, start a binder and make notes. Then as stated go forth and do and find out what you don’t know and seek the answer, here, or talking to a local investor in the game, a title company rep, or an expert doing it. It won’t cost you forty grand and you will be making useful contacts at the same time.

I once had some time to kill in a city and went to a bar for a bite and a drink.
The 3 guys at the bar were telling stories and laughing and as I picked up on their conversation I discovered they were investment reps for a national guru, the ones you would get if you took their program and had a question.

All 3 had no investment experience at all but would quickly check their manuals for the answer. Now they were guiding investors, and driving beemers and up-selling and making a ton of money. All were young, one had been a security guard, one was working on being a rock star, and I don’t know what the 3rd did, but got the impression his mother was going to throw him out if he didn’t get a job and he found this. Just the people I would want guiding my future.

I would say that anyone who even considers paying 40k for a real estate course/program/mentorship should not be in business for themselves, period.

I’m almost speechless.

–Natalie

Chuck Smith

He’s a flake. A few years ago I booked him to speak at my REIA and I called the day before to confirm him and he said he had a cold and couldn’t make it. He was a real jerk about it, too. I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Chuck Smith from other REIA leaders, too.

I agree that you don’t need a course to teach you, you can learn this business on your own. I have been investing since 2001 and I learned everything from books, this and other websites, RE investments clubs, other investors, DOING IT!

Take your time, learn the ropes, get some experience.

Good luck!

yeah Really Nat…LOL!

BTW…I found this
http://realestatecoursereviews.com/review/index2.php?item_id=34

[QUOTE=Natalie-VA;882971]I would say that anyone who even considers paying 40k for a real estate course/program/mentorship should not be in business for themselves, period.

I’m almost speechless.

–Natalie[/QUOTE]

I agree with EVERYTHING that has been said here. Everything you could, should and will learned can be gained by real estate sites like this and just plain experience.

I would say read all you can, go out and do it, and learn from your mistakes.

One of the best videos I’ve ever seen on creative real estate investing has nothing to do with real estate but if you follow the principles you will be rich as you want to be.

It’s a video by Baba Brinkman’s “Performance, Feedback, Revision” And that’s the key to making money in real estate, go out and try it, get feedback, revise and do it again. Soon you will have a process that works and works well.

I agree…sorta.

$40,000 is really steep for a REI training program. Granted, there are some really good programs out there but not the “books and tapes” variety. Sharyn…you make the comment you can learn this business on your own but then you say you can learn from other investers…i.e. a mentor. You can’t learn a business on your own…you need education. The best education is a mentor so if you really want a program that works find one that has a mentor program. With that being said, the best way to find a mentor is to find a successful investor in your back yard and have them teach you wholesaling and become a bird dog for them. You’ll learn a lot about the business and make money doing it. Then consider finding an advanced mentor who will show you the reality of how REI truly works. BTW…most people who call themselves guru’s…are anything but.

D

1 Like

[QUOTE=StevenS(CPA);883285]One of the best videos I’ve ever seen on creative real estate investing has nothing to do with real estate but if you follow the principles you will be rich as you want to be.

It’s a video by Baba Brinkman’s “Performance, Feedback, Revision” And that’s the key to making money in real estate, go out and try it, get feedback, revise and do it again. Soon you will have a process that works and works well.[/QUOTE]

A great video.

For those who want something similar in book form, get a copy of The Lean Startup by Eric Ries. One key concept that is very much the same as the point of the video is the Build-Measure-Learn Feedback Loop

I could never advocate a $40k wholesaling program.

Find a local wholesaler willing to help you out or find a reasonably priced coaching program for wholesaling. There are some great ones that will teach you how to do it.

Jim

Hello, I’m curious, it’s been a long time, have you purchased the course? what has changed in your life?