Bandit Signs

Hi all,

I’ve been out of the REI world for a little while and now getting back into it.

Have I missed something? I can’t find a bandit sign in Stockton, CA anywhere. Could it be all RE Investors have left? (unlikely) Could it be the city took them all down? (they’re talking about Ch. 9 bankruptcy, so also unlikely)

Did some law go into effect about them?

Please advise.

Puzzled,

Mary

So glad you asked, watch for my new blog post on this very topic in the next couple days.

My opinion is that investors have enjoyed the flood of REO foreclosures, but the inventory of foreclosures is changing so I expect investors will once again need to start hunting for some of their own deals again.

Jim

code enforcement

Maybe your city’s code enforcement is doing their job…

I got fined for putting bandit signs and I don’t even think about putting them in “that” city. Yes in other cities in my county, but not in “that” one :slight_smile:

How are you going to know? Try - put 20 and see if you get threatening calls. If you do, don’t ignore them - remove the signs.

Best,
M

re Bandit Signs

Thanks for the responses. We have a local REI meeting on Saturday and I’ll ask there and see if anyone has heard from code enforcement.

Mary

One key is to avoid placing them in places where you do violate city/county ordinances but still attract the motivated sellers.

Jim