Is quit claim deed needed here...

I am optioning a property from two brothers, one of which is the executor of their late Mothers estate. Since the executor is signing the agreement, does the other Brother need to quit claim?

A bit confusing.

You are OPTIONING a property…deeds are only used for the actual TRANSFER of title…an OPTION does not transfer title.

Five us a bit more detail of what you hope to accomplish.

Well said Bill.

I would start with the clarifying who the owner is. Figure that out and you will know who needs to sign. If the property belonged to the lady who died, the estate now owns it.

An option might not transfer title. It would be a good idea to have the option issued by the owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you for your replies. I was thinking forward when I close on property (or my assigns). If I have an option signed by the executor of the estate only and find out later it’s not valid without the other Brothers signature then I would have a major issue.
Thanks,
Paul

Paul,

Agree a deal with the executor. Then ask a title company to provide title insurance for the transaction. A policy that will benefit you. The insurance company will make sure the title is good and the right person signed off.