Just starting...

Hey all,

As the title suggests, I am just starting going all in on real estate investment. Let me give you a little background about how I came here.

I was doing an apprenticeship in appraisal. My father has done it for many years and I was doing it under him. He had to retire early and as a result was not able to finish my apprenticeship. I must of looked for over a year for another appraiser willing to take me on and I could not. That is major problem in that industry. There is a mass exodus of sorts and hardly any new blood coming in as a result.

So fast forward to today and I have just completed Fabian Calvo’s course. I understand the potential here is great especially now with all these toxic assets. Now I am basically sitting here reading all these articles from various sites not sure what to do. I know I need deals I can do starting out that are no money down and no credit. I would assume the easiest would be bank foreclosures with a flip?

In terms of networking these really isn’t much here (west virginia) in terms of people, REI clubs etc. There is one about 1 1/2 away from here and I talked to the guy for half an hour, he sounded supportive. He mentioned that there were some in my area that did do it but are not anymore. So here I am with an overload of information, its like I have various pieces of the puzzle strung about and I just need to put them together. ANY advice, tips, anything would be greatly appreciated.

The last few years situation in RE market changed as black and white and trend is clear that no money down game is popular in study courses but not in real life. Right now corporate money inflating market real hard leaving even seasoned investors behind. At least that what I have learned from my own experience.