RV Park - Posted by ernie

Posted by brandoncbsre on July 13, 2008 at 18:20:31:

Put the money in a safe place and live off the interest for a few years. Then decide, after careful planning and research of the marketplace, what you want to invest in long-term.

I hear so many stories about people coming into life-changing amounts of cash and losing it all. I recently seen an interview with T. Boone Pickens where he is quoted as saying something along the lines of “A fool with a plan is better than a genious with no plan”. Make sure you have a plan, this money will change your life. It is up to YOU whether it will be for better or worse.

Good Luck to You

RV Park - Posted by ernie

Posted by ernie on July 13, 2008 at 11:50:54:

i will be comming in with a to me very larg sum of money…Also will be looking to by acreage near greenville south caralina area…i was a logger and built log homes for over 25 yrs.i went under and moved joined rail road and slip and fell ond lost lft hand and messed me up for a bit…now with the money i will be getting 1-4 mil i want to build a decent size park RV park to be exact… both 30 amp - 50 amp full pull through’s up to 90ft.as well as sewage ,full water ,cable wyfi the whole shabang…my question to you all is is this a wise choice i can do most work myselfe even though i now just have 1 hand…

Re: RV Park - Posted by John

Posted by John on July 15, 2008 at 06:22:11:

My advise is to search the market thoroughly. It is typically cheaper to buy and repair than it is to build new. Check out loopnet.com for properties. If you have any desire for the Ohio market I would be happy to help you out.

Re: RV Park - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on July 13, 2008 at 20:38:12:

I think as the price of fuel goes up, as well as the cost of food, utilities, insurance, healthcare etc. Most people do not have as much disposable income now as they used to. I would not be investing in a travel related business.
Find some business brokers and see what they have available in the RV park business.
Also see www.daveramsey.com click on Find a station, he is on 300 plus stations now days.