Pre-pre foreclosure leads - Posted by Glen

Posted by Glen on July 14, 2008 at 14:04:05:

Mo,

Buy and hold is not only usually the best practice for long-term financial security, on the hand requires the ability to be a landlord, be a handyman to keep the cost down, and also prepared to cover expenses in worst case scenerios.

A balancing act is great if you can buy one and sell to get cash, and then keep the next for a rental. Either way, REO’s right now are a good buy in most cases, but not huge profit margins, such as Short Sales can be. Focus on both, depending on the amount of funds you have available or loans you can get. REO’s and Short Sales require a loan or cash. Hard money is too expensive, and private money lenders are very hard to find. I have been looking for one or two for sometime now, either to partner or fund the deals with very lucrative returns, and am still looking. Interested?

Glen

Pre-pre foreclosure leads - Posted by Glen

Posted by Glen on July 12, 2008 at 10:08:30:

Has anyone had any experience with pre-pre foreclosure leads, and any tips on how to either purchase them or locate them?

How would you define pre-pre - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 12, 2008 at 20:39:54:

as opposed to just “pre” foreclosure.

So what you are saying is: - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 14, 2008 at 18:10:48:

Pre-foreclosure is after the NOD is recorded.

Pre-pre-foreclosure is when the payments start arriving late but no NOD is recorded.

Re: How would you define pre-pre - Posted by Glen

Posted by Glen on July 13, 2008 at 16:25:11:

Hi Rich,

Pre-pre foreclosures are homeowners who are 30-60-90 days late, and not in foreclosure as of yet. I have heard of investors getting leads on these, and have seen some gurus offering them as part of their package deals, considered not available to the public and requires some very specific disclosures in the body of the letter.

I have tried to find where these might be available to purchase, although have not been able to locate a viable source. So, I do not know where these people are getting them, although I know they are available. One source recommended local mortgage brokers and lenders, and that was a dead end due to confidentality reasons.

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thank you.

I have also posted ads seeking private money sources for the purchase of residential properties, not hard money because it is too expensive. I have been wholesaling 20-30 properties a year for the last five years locally to a network of investors I use, and some Oregon laws have been passed and changed that prevents my company from doing simetaneous closes any longer, and so I desperatly would like to find one or two private money sources to fund or partner with. I am prepared to be very generous in the return or percentage given up, as I am looking for a long-term relationship, not a one deal partner.

With over over 20-years expereince in real estate, and wholeslaing for five to the local investors, I can provide the level of knowledge and expereince that most private money investors want to see, allowing the capability to locate solid deals that offer excellent returns and solid investments, along with a system that provides them complete security of their funds. They would be deposited directly into escrow at time of closing, (not given to myself or my company)once the comittment letter is recieved by the lender in the event of a Short Sale, and of coures secured by a Note in Trust Deed on the property. My investors can verify I always leave 20-30k on the table for the investor after repairs. This is due to my knowledge of the local market, accurate CMA’s, re-sell values, and repairs costs analysis. I only purchase in my local market where I have lived all my life, I only purchase homes 1970 or newer, only cosmetic repairs, three bedrooms and minimum 1.5 baths in most cases, and double car garages, in excellent neighboorhoods. Based on that criteria, I have always found to be safe and solid investments with high resell potential, even in today’s market.

Most, over 90%, require a Short Sale due to being in foreclosure, and have been about 90% successful in that market.

Unfortunatley, the currrent investors I use, are also my competitors, and although one funds the deal, they are also the one purchasing it. The others have shown no interest in funding my deals, as they are trying to get to them before I do, which they rarley do, or I end up wholesaling it to them for a fee and they get the property and make all the money anyway. Of course, my company does all the work including locating the deal, putting it under contract, and preparing and completing the Short Sale.

If you have leads on possible private money sources, (and if they are yours, keep them private and get paid in the middle), that maybe interested in properties in Marion County Oregon, I could use the help. Thanks.

Glen

Re: To Glen - Posted by Mo

Posted by Mo on July 14, 2008 at 09:58:27:

I am interested in learning about the short sale process how to find them and buy them before the realtors get them and list them.
Do you know what program or book would best explain this?
I appreciate hearing from you.
Mo in northern Calif

Re: To Glen - Posted by Glen

Posted by Glen on July 14, 2008 at 11:08:25:

Hi Mo,

There are many books programs that are out about real estate and information on to do Short Sales, CREonline is a good source for that information or uslandco, I use both. The better source is to go to your local courthouse public records department and you can get Notice of Defaults as they are recorded in your county. There are also some good list services such as Realtytrac where you can become a member and select foreclosures anywhere in the country either by city, state or county of foreclosures, I am a member and use it for counties outside my county.

Once you have your information, it is all about marketing and being able to contact the owner. These are owners in foreclosure, not yet taken back by the bank or auctioned.

My company offers options for you as well, complete marketing services either your design or one of our templates, Notice of defaults in your selected area complete with CMA’s, address, auction date, trustee, lender, and phone number if available, plus skip trace if home is vacant in order to contact the owner.

Our fees vary for marketing depending on your design or ours, and the Notice of Defaults cost $30.00 per month submitted to you by email in Excel format either weekly, or monthly as you choose. If there is a need for a skip trace, the fee is $39.95 per name, and includes a very detailed report including, relatives, neighbors, and phone numbers. I use this service and have never not been able to locate an owner, and has made me a lot of money with no competition.

Keep in mind many lenders require a Realtor Listing Agreement, and some will not. Always ask the lender, even if they ask for it on the Short Sale package. It cost them less money because they pay the owners real estate fees, and closing costs, and it may get you a better deal.

My company does offer Short Sale negotians locally, although not in other areas, due to in some cases needing a Realtor, and state laws regarding Realtors.

Competing against the Realtors simply means who gets to the owner first, before they do, and your sales pitch on why not to use a Realtor, fees, instant sale, etc., Realtors will usually say they can get it sold, it sits on the market and does not sell due to the market we are in, over-priced either to what is owed exceeds the value, or just a Realtor wanting a lisitng, and the property goes to auction. I see it happen ALL the time. Everyone loses, especially the homeowner.

Hope that helps.

Glen

Re: To Glen - Posted by mo

Posted by mo on July 14, 2008 at 13:54:43:

Thanks Glen!

There is just so much to learn and I am really eager and hungry to learn it.
I have been successful so far now I am just trying to decide what direction I will go next.
I need to get the home equityline finsihed on one of my rentals that i own out right then get my daughter’s little house bought from her I already gave 40K for a down payment so they could move into their new home.
I then will be ready to make a move.

Just not sure if I want to buy some REO’s to hold or what or maybe try my hand at short sales but looking for the best book or course to learn this.

God Bless and thanks for your input.
mo