Direct Mail Help!!!!!!! - Posted by Curtis (ATL)

Posted by Curtis (ATL) on July 04, 2008 at 16:24:26:

Great advice! My mother wants to make some extra money and she said
that she would love to help out and handwrite the envelopes. It looks like
a win-win situation. Thanks a lot!

God Bless!

Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by Curtis (ATL)

Posted by Curtis (ATL) on July 02, 2008 at 16:44:27:

I am starting my marketing campaign and I need some recommendations on
where to get a good mailing list for out-of-town owners and where to get my
letters stuffed with hand written address.

All advice is welcome

God Bless!

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 07, 2008 at 08:42:45:

For the various mailing addresses, you can join GAREIA. As a member you can go to their office and use their various computer systems, that allow you all kinds of searches. Well worth it.

Michaela

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by thutch fl

Posted by thutch fl on July 07, 2008 at 08:22:01:

In Georgia, I think it is called the Tax Assesor’s office. Go where they record the deeds or do the taxes and you can buy the list from them of all records in that county. Then, just sort on where the mailing address does not equal the physical address.

As far as mailing is concerned. See if there is a Work Opportunity Program in your area for mentally challenged people. They give the best prices for work like this. They do a great job as well.

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by Jeremy Burgess

Posted by Jeremy Burgess on July 04, 2008 at 11:11:48:

Open your browser and go to google.com, type in direct mail company and your local area. Call all and compare rates and services. It will not be cheap so don’t expect it too be. Maybe think about attending some local investor groups and asking around. You will want to use someone that is local. Sometimes printing shops will do this for you as well.

For the list call Alan Stapleman at USA Data at (800) 599-5030 x231 and he can put the list together for you. It will cost about 10-12 cents for every address. I have used him many times and I’m happy with his service.

Good luck,

Jeremy Burgess
www.WholesaleMi.com
www.DetroitInvestmentSecrets.com
www.UrbanDetroitOnline.com

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on July 03, 2008 at 16:11:50:

Man I had to read your request (no lie) 5 times to see if I was missing something. Let me get this straight. It sounds like you have your own letters and simply want to know where you can get a mailing list. I’ve seen this question answered before so I really don’t know what the big deal is.

Asking for a way to get your envelopes hand written is, I think, a new one for this board. But it’s got to be similiar to asking how you can get all of your postcards addressed, stamped and mailed.

So what was the big hoopla about in regards to your original request???

Ib

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by BigV

Posted by BigV on July 03, 2008 at 06:20:58:

what I found by talking to investors (note, I’m just learning myself) is that:

1. There is no magic letter that will result in you getting all of the deals. It’s all trial and error. You can actually search online for some examples. OR, if you want to really be bold, try visiting some of the pre-foreclosures in your area and ask the owner if they will let you see the letters they have received.

2. Hand-written letter beats typed letter hands down. It is much more likely that someone will read a hand written letter than a computer typed one. That’s why many pros hire people to write letter for them. Use blue ink. There are some computer fonts that make your letter LOOK like they were handwritten but NOTHING comes close to real handwriting.

3. Even if you can’t handwrite all of your letters, at the very minimum handwrite the address on the envelope.

4. Follow up by door knocking or phone calls.

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by Chad (MD)

Posted by Chad (MD) on July 02, 2008 at 21:14:21:

Tom Powers has a point: Most people are very guarded about their mailing methods, and rightly so – it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with a method that works. In fact, I’m still working on one.

Praise The Lord !!! - Posted by Tom Powers

Posted by Tom Powers on July 02, 2008 at 19:00:42:

But only after you give me free advice that you saps already paid for with your own hard earned cash.

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by Curtis (ATL)

Posted by Curtis (ATL) on July 04, 2008 at 16:26:24:

IB we will never know!!! LOL

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by Curtis (ATL)

Posted by Curtis (ATL) on July 03, 2008 at 06:35:08:

Thanks for the response BigV. I have the letters that I want to send but
what I’m having trouble is finding a company that will stuff them, hand
write the adresses and mail them. Its a lot to choose from out there
and I could use some help narrowing down the companies.

Re: Direct Mail Help!!! - Posted by curtis (ATL)

Posted by curtis (ATL) on July 02, 2008 at 21:29:30:

Guarded is one thing and disrespectful is another. Thank you Chad for
your respectful and honest response. That is a hurdle that Iâ??m up
against as a new investor and I thought that this would be a good
place to try to find the answer.

People need to lighten up! I think Tom needs a hug!

Pass on the Hug - Posted by Tom Powers

Posted by Tom Powers on July 03, 2008 at 05:53:54:

Curtis,

What’s disrespectful is you coming on here asking for free info that others such as Rick have paid dearly for with their time and money and toss it in some religious reference as some sort of way to justify getting it.

Take the best and leave the rest… - Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy

Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy on July 03, 2008 at 24:09:23:

…But don’t blame Tom!

Frankly, the original question sounds innocent enough, but it’s way to broad and requires much to answer thoroughly.

Marketing is a big area. I know this firsthand. I have a degree in Int’l Marketing from one of the best business schools in the country (and I tought there for some 8 seminars, too!) however they did not teach me beans about real-world, feet-in-the-muddy-trenches advertising, letter copywriting, mailing campaigns, etc. Even my crappy education didn’t get handed to me on a platter.

You’re just not going to get anyone really excited to help you to the extent that you probably want it on a freebie discussion board. No more than you’re going to learn to fly an airplane or perform tune-ups on a Ferrari.

You’ll pick up bits and pieces, like (the late) Gary Halbert and Dan Kennedy’s copywriting books, tapes, and course. You’ll find and buy material from the Joe Kaiser, Jay Abraham, et al., and attend seminars where possible and pick up more valuable tidbits.

Buying this material and attending these events will lead you to other valuable lessons, as well as your own trial-and-error successes and failures.

No sir, no one’s going to hand it to you, and certainly not here. I currently budget about $18K/year for training which takes me to about 10-12 good seminars in various parts of the U.S. Probably a lot more than most people would spend, but then again, our business volume warrants the expenditure.

So, if you really, really want this thing, you’ll hang in there and seek it and find it where you can. I hope that you don’t get discouraged and give up, tho’.

Re: Pass on the Hug - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on July 03, 2008 at 23:18:14:

What’s worse is you have no respect>!!

Re: Take the best and leave the rest… - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 03, 2008 at 18:02:27:

Rick,
ignore Bill’s comment. He’s a troll, not an investor. he’s only on this site to challenge people and scream loud and clear that nobody can make money in real estate in this market.

Michaela

Re: Take the best and leave the rest… - Posted by curtis (ATL)

Posted by curtis (ATL) on July 03, 2008 at 07:12:43:

Thanks Rick for your response. I am not looking for your marketing
material I have my own. I just wanted to know if there was a company
out their that will stuff letters (my own), hand write the addresses and
mail them for you. And if people are going to the Tax Assessors office
are going to a list broker for out of state owners. Maybe that was too
much to ask for but how would I know. There are no â??doâ??s and donâ??tsâ??
to this chat room. Iâ??ve been asking questions on this site for a long
time and never had that type of response from someone. I love this
site. Everyone that I have come across has been very helpful and
positive. Maybe people are misunderstanding the questions or maybe
my question was inappropriate. And for that I apologize for offending
anyone on the website. This site has done too much for me and my
knowledge base that I would never want to be disrespectful to anyone
here.

Re: Take the best and leave the rest… - Posted by Keith

Posted by Keith on July 04, 2008 at 06:09:56:

Maybe I’m wrong, but in my case I have two kids that do well stuffing. I agree that at least the envelope should be handwritten. A couple of kids you know can help you stuff, and best yet, you know for sure the letters were in fact mailed if you take them to the PO yourself.

Keith