Land Deal - Posted by Alan

Posted by Verve on November 14, 2006 at 10:03:24:

I would try to arrange a 6 month or more option on the property, for X amount of dollars, with 2 extendable option periods. Get the option, market the property, find a buyer, double close. Simple and the only amount at risk is your option consideration.

Land Deal - Posted by Alan

Posted by Alan on November 13, 2006 at 02:36:26:

I found 24 acers in Freeport, Fl that I can get for around two million. The land previously appraised for 3.6 million and was previously listed on MLS. The owners are motivated to sell. I can get this under contract, but I am not in Florida and would have a hard time finding a buyer being out of state. What would be the best way to structure this deal and find a potential buyer??? Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

Re: Land Deal - Posted by Fred

Posted by Fred on November 14, 2006 at 20:05:51:

Just curious if no one else wanted it when it was on MLS what makes you think you can move it? Obviously they don’t even think it’s worth $2 million or they would have dropped it to that level on MLS. Florida land is in worse shape than Florida houses. There are even fewer buyers now especially for acreage. You should do some reading on all the major publicly traded homebuilders bailing on land options left and right this year. I know I sound negative but I’m trying to save you from losing any deposit money. You have no experience selling this kind of property and you don’t live in the state, sounds like an uphill battle to me and a waste of time and money.