1-800 #--- Please re-post. - Posted by Andre (NC)

Posted by Andre (NC) on April 08, 1999 at 10:15:36:

Oh, I didn’t know they had independent reps. But you’re right…this was the first one that came up on my search.

1-800 #— Please re-post. - Posted by Andre (NC)

Posted by Andre (NC) on April 07, 1999 at 10:31:25:

A little while back someone posted a company that offers inexpensive 1-800#'s (around 8-9 cent/min). I thought I printed it out, but can’t seem to locate it. Or if anyone knows of any other company which offers 1-800#'s. I know my long distance company does, but it’s pretty expensive. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Re: 1-800 #— Please re-post. - Posted by rayrick

Posted by rayrick on April 07, 1999 at 10:40:05:

Hi Andre, I think there are several, but the one I know about is Cable & Wireless. There is no monthly charge and you’re only charged 8 cents/min when people call you. They’ll even give you a vanity number for no extra charge (the trick is finding a nice one that’s still available!). I think their progam is called LD Direct. A web search on that or Cable & Wireless should bear fruit.

-Ray

Did you try searching the archives? - Posted by DC

Posted by DC on April 07, 1999 at 10:33:16:

nt

Thanks, I found it. (nt) - Posted by Andre (NC)

Posted by Andre (NC) on April 07, 1999 at 11:56:55:

nt

Re: Thanks, I found it. (nt) - Posted by Suzanne

Posted by Suzanne on April 07, 1999 at 21:52:01:

Could you share the information with us?
Thanks.

Of course!!! - Posted by Andre(NC)

Posted by Andre(NC) on April 08, 1999 at 07:06:02:

The website address is “elar.hypermart.net”. From there you just click and follow. Hope this helps.

Re: Of course!!! - Posted by rayrick

Posted by rayrick on April 08, 1999 at 07:56:39:

The Cable & Wireless LD Direct service is marketed through independent representatives, many of whom have an online presence. The above address is probably just one of many. Though if everyone wants to use those guys, bonus for them I guess! e-commerce: if you don’t come up early on the search engines, you’re toast.

-Ray