$10,000 CASH...How would you invest it??? - Posted by SRobertson

Posted by george on June 22, 2000 at 23:42:26:

If you have $10,000 + 0 time I suggest $3000 templeton foreign + $3000 Vanguard total market + $3000 vanguard REIT + $1000 cash.

If you have $10k + all the time in the world + you live in a cheap RE market: check out foreclosures in your area.

$10,000 CASH…How would you invest it??? - Posted by SRobertson

Posted by SRobertson on June 22, 2000 at 21:36:04:

If you had $10,000 how would you invest it to maximize your return?

$1000 in Education and 3 Deals - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on June 23, 2000 at 23:20:00:

SRobertson,

Since you’ve come to this site, I’ll assume that you have some interest in real estate investing. With $10K and interest in real estate investing I’d recommend the following:

1. Invest in your real estate education first
    $0: Read all the free articles at this site, along with the Q&A at the Legal Forum at this site
    $14: Invest in Ron LeGrand’s “Fast Cash with Quick Turn Real Estate” – This is if you aren’t quite you are interested/ready to make a larger commitment to learning the business. Alternatively, $30 in “Deals on Wheels” by Lonnie Scruggs if large yields with lots of small deals (mobile homes) is of interest.
    $500 - $1000: If you know you are ready for the commitment to learn the business, purchase a complete course(s) to learn the fundamentals of the business. Lots of folks here have their favorites. For a soup to nuts course, my favorites are by William Bronchick and Ron LeGrand. After you have the basics down, you might then invest in material by folks like Joe Kaiser.

2. Do your first three deals.
    $500 - $1000: Marketing – business cards, flyers, postcards, newspaper ads, doorhangers, etc.
    $1000 - $2000 Each for Three Deals: After investing in the education, you’ll learn how to buy $100K+ houses in great condition with little money down using Subject To existing financing and Lease Option strategies.

Keep what is left over (along with some your upfront profits) for your reserve and for your marketing budget to find more deals.

Happy deal making!

Monique