10% mailer response in 4 days! Looking for help! - Posted by Bill (NY)

Posted by OOPS! on April 09, 2002 at 15:04:23:

To All Who E-Mailed me about mailer post. It was posted on 4/5/02 NOT 4/4/02. Sorry for the rabbit hunt. The site is www.creonline.com/wwboard/messages/90035.html

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

10% mailer response in 4 days! Looking for help! - Posted by Bill (NY)

Posted by Bill (NY) on April 08, 2002 at 22:38:58:

Hello people,

I may need some help. I’m new to this site and I am learning lots by reading posts. I’m also new to the internet and discussion boards and how they work as far as do’s and don’ts. I don’t even know how to type, I’m hunting and pecking, but I’m giving it all my best shot. I’ve responded to a few posts and offered what I could but mostly I’ve been learning by reading posts from regular posters like Johnboy, Ron Star, Gl, and others.

Here’s my problem. People have responded faster than I expected to my mailer. I’ve posted 2 times before for some input on what some options might be to do a deal on a house but didn’t get any advice. That seller ( number 1) responded to my mailer in less than 24hrs. after I put the darn things in the box. I was hoping to bone up on my negotiation skills and learn more about what options I might have in order to do a deal while the mailer did it’s work. Wrong.

Now I have seller number 2 who acually likes the idea of seller financing, with low down, because of his tax position! He called 4 days after mailer went out, including Sunday, and he lives 4 states away.

I started my marketing with flipping contracts in mind but the more I read and learn ------ the many options are overwhelming. So, I’m once again asking for advice and some creative ideas to help boost my knowledge and confidence.

Seller number 1 has one side of a duplex that’s almost too good to be real. Last house at end of cul-de-sac with small river off back yard! Year to year lease at $800 month. Could get $1000 easy. Owner wants to sell in Sept. after tenants marry. Lease up in Jan. Tenants offered $73,000 but seller says worth more. Just re-assessed at $90,000. Comps. at $100,000 - $115,000.

Seller number 2 has brick split level, 3bd 1.5bth w/fplace. New assessment at $151,000 renting to same tenant for 21 years! Rent at $600 because she’s widowed and been good tenant. Could get easy $1,200 month or more for rent. Area not as desireable as 1st seller. House owned free and clear. Taxes $3,600. Owner wants me to put together some ideas for 10-15 year finance. Said was told worth $150,000 by realtor last year but knows it needs work. Comps. about $175,000. Seller respects the fact that I wouldn’t Want to ask tenant to leave but said he has told her she would have 6 months to find new home if he sold. Says house needs updating, carpets, baths, etc. Built 1965.

Now me. I have large credit line and my own house will be paid off in 2 years. Now, flip or buy and hold? Entire area has gone nuts as a result of 9/11. Houses are selling FAST.

All advice welcome.

Thanks to all and happy investing.

What did it say - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on April 09, 2002 at 07:20:45:

What did your mailer say that got such a positive reponse?

Re: What did it say - Posted by Bill (NY)

Posted by Bill (NY) on April 09, 2002 at 11:04:13:

Hey Tim

I posted a response to this same question on 4/04/02. My post is titled “1st mailer bite. How would a wizard handle this?” Let me know what you think. Any advice on making offers?