100 offers? - Posted by Eric (IL)

Posted by Eric (IL) on April 21, 2000 at 11:19:07:

Sounds about right. I’m just looking into ways to jump start my business. I’m having trouble finding the time (I work full-time) to search for them. And in the past, I’ve called realtors but they obviously don’t answer their phone, and I don’t have them call my work, so we play phone tag until we give up. I thought maybe a mass mailing like that, even if it lead to only one or two deals, would help significantly.

100 offers? - Posted by Eric (IL)

Posted by Eric (IL) on April 21, 2000 at 08:49:00:

Has anyone tried Scott Britton’s method, whereby he sent out 100 offers at half-price, with any success.

Re: 100 offers? - Posted by Eduardo (OR)

Posted by Eduardo (OR) on April 21, 2000 at 16:23:08:

Eric–
I remember a story about a California real estate broker who years ago sent offers on everything listed in his Multiple Listing Book at the time (several thousand computer generated offers) offering to buy at 20% below listed price. He had so few responses that he gave up. Hope this helps. --Eduardo

Re: 100 offers? - Posted by Robert M. Campbell

Posted by Robert M. Campbell on April 21, 2000 at 12:24:22:

Eric ~

I seem to remember Scott Britton saying this method was not productive . . . and he would not do it again.

Why? I believe the reason he cited was that “you create a lot of ‘ill-will’ among people . . . and it therefore hurts your reputation.”

Some methods back-fire. I believe that was the case here.

Robert M. Campbell

Re: 100 offers? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 21, 2000 at 09:03:47:

You can do that, but your Realtor better have a lot of tolerance. It goes against what most realtors see as the norm and you will get a ot of hostile phone calls.

It’s like using a shot gun, your shooting and hoping to hit something. I’m not saying dont do it, but be ready for the adverse reactions.

On the otherhand after a while you will be better at picking which houses to make offers on. Then further on down the road you will be targeting directly at the motivated sellers.

David

Re: 100 offers? - Posted by Earnest

Posted by Earnest on April 21, 2000 at 19:11:10:

Sending these offers to realtors?