1031 Form/Worksheet? Where the... - Posted by Rolfe Mpls/StP

Posted by d.moren on March 08, 2000 at 20:21:22:

As chris says, you might like to try these,


1031 Form/Worksheet? Where the… - Posted by Rolfe Mpls/StP

Posted by Rolfe Mpls/StP on March 08, 2000 at 19:53:54:

Where the heck can I find IRS info re: 1031 exchanges?

I need a worksheet to analyze a tax-free exchange. Searched the IRS site for forms/publications/info. Searched for 1031, exchanges, tax free and tax deferred this and that. Nothing. Closest I got was form #8824 and Schedule D.

Yahoo search results yield plenty of companies offering 1031 exchange services. But what about info from the IRS?

No forms, no lights, no motor cars. What gives?

Your humble servant,


Re: 1031 Form/Worksheet? Where the… - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 09, 2000 at 09:01:51:

At the same IRS site where you get form 8824 you can also get the instructions for the form. If you can do your taxes then you should be able to interpret the form. The analysis comes is if you are not putting all your gain or sale price back into the new property(s). Or the decision do you want to refi and pull cash out. Even do you want to pay the tax at a different time point.

Re: 1031 Form/Worksheet? Where the… - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 08, 2000 at 20:20:31:

You may want to start with the report Attorney Robert Bruss has on them. API has good info at their site also(it would be one of the companies in the Yahoo search).

If you need the links for Bruss e-mail me. I will send them to you.


What do you want to analyze? - Posted by d.moren

Posted by d.moren on March 08, 2000 at 20:16:41:

I’ve done one 1031 exchange. It was simply a matter of moving the profit from the sell property into the new property. According to the IRS you have to have a fiduciary to control the profits until you buy the new property. The only requirement I know of is that the new property must have equal or more value than the old. Like-kind I think they call it.