10x50 what do you think - Posted by Todd

Posted by Bob P.(Az) on February 14, 2002 at 19:20:17:

Todd,
I doubt that you will find a park that will accept this 10X50. It is most likely to old for a park to accept it and the size is a hindrance. Also, the price is way high for this Mobile considering you have to move it.

I may be the only one on the this Board that does have some 10X50’s. These are in Southern Cal. where I buy them in the Park for $1,000 or less. I was selling them for $5,000 with $500 down. But as I get them back, most people don’t stay in this size for more than a year, I am now selling them for $7,000 with $1,000 down. Amazing but true, the prices of these old buggers have gone up as home prices escalate in SoCal!

Again Todd, this is only in SoCal. In Arizona, where I buy now, I wouldn’t touch them. It’s all about knowing your market.

After all this blah blah, my recommendation is to pass on this one. Use your $1,000 and the probable $1,500 in moving costs to buy a 2/1 for $2,500 already set up in a park.

Good buying,
Bob

10x50 what do you think - Posted by Todd

Posted by Todd on February 11, 2002 at 15:43:35:

I have the opportunity to get a very nice 10’x50’ single wide. This home is not in a park, but the owner is also a set crew, and is willing to trade for some construcion work.(I trim double wides for a living). the home is in great shape on the interior, and the exterior just needs a good pressure washing. It includes all furniture and appliances. Two things concern me. Is it hard to find a park that will allow 10x50 homes, and are they hard to resale. The asking price is $1500, but I believe I could get it for around $1000. Thanks for any help or opinions.