18 DAYS TO DEAL - Posted by Chris

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on June 29, 2003 at 12:10:59:

Contact your local pest control companies who do termite inspections for real estate closings and ask them who the investors are that they do work for. You will come up with a long list.

18 DAYS TO DEAL - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on June 28, 2003 at 20:20:08:

I have a home in contract. Needs work but priced to sell. Good neighborhood. The problem is I have no money to run ads. I have called the few people that I know that can get loans, but they dont want to fix up the property and wait for their money. I am on unemployment and no extra cash on hand. Plz help I dont want to miss the deal and I do need the money. How can I find buyers besides running ads?

Re: 18 DAYS TO DEAL - Posted by gwtx

Posted by gwtx on June 29, 2003 at 07:01:42:

Chris,
You have gotten some good places to start. Here is some some info that might help.

(1)To locate the non-owner occupied property owners (aka:landlords)that owns property on your target street and streets in that neighborhood go to this website:

http://franklin.governmaxa.com/propertymax/rover30.asp

This is your franklin county property tax appraiser. If I happened to make a keystroke error in typing just go to google.com and type in franklin county tax. You will find the link.

Find the property owners that own more than 2-3 properties. Get the names…do a whitepages.com search to get their phone number. Call them up with your good(?) deal. If it is good enough they will tell you.

(2)Look in today’s (Sunday) paper for the For Rent ads. Call up those individuals and ask if they would like another good(?) deal of a property.

(3)Along with the sign that you put up in the front yard with your phone number, put another sign up that says something like 65% price. This will get peoples attention like CRAZY! These signs are all hand lettered with a marks alot.

(4)Along with the front yard signs, put up directional signs at the street corners to drive traffic to your house.

If you attend a local church ask the pastor if he/she knows of someone that invest in real estate. At the same time ask if you could run a few copies of your flyer on the church copier (for exchange of mowing the church or parsonage grass).

I hope this helps. This site says creative real estate. So go get creative.

gary

Re: 18 DAYS TO DEAL - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on June 29, 2003 at 02:51:14:

I live in Columbus, Ohio

Re: 18 DAYS TO DEAL - Posted by TKP, Houston

Posted by TKP, Houston on June 28, 2003 at 21:50:25:

Chris, I would think you could find your buyer at this web site, but you would have to tell us where you are at. Good luck. TKP, Houston

Re: 18 DAYS TO DEAL - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by LeonNC on June 28, 2003 at 21:34:46:

If I were you here’s a list of some things I would do. First make sure you have a deal. Do you? You didn’t post the details.

1. Look in the newspaper(S) for fsbo’s that have been renovated or remodeled and call them. You could call every person with a house for rent. Call the I buy houses ads.
  2. Go to your local investors club. Call the president immediately and ask for help.
  3. Find the money to run an ad.
  4. Go online and find out who owns investment property on the street and call them.
  5. If you can put for sale signs all over the house.
  6. Put up fliers everywhere.
  7. Drive around the area and find other investment properties (for rent, for sale, being worked on) and call the owners.
  8. If the deal is good enough someone here might buy it where are you?
  9. I know there are many other ways. Use your imagination and WORK HARD to get it done. Put your no matter what hat on and do it.

Good Luck,

Leon

Re: 18 DAYS TO DEAL - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on June 28, 2003 at 21:05:46:

Chris-------------

For possible buyers. Are there any “We buy houses” signs on streetcorners? If so, call them. Look at the newspaper advertisements, especially in the Sunday paper, for “houses wanted” or “we buy houses” ads. Similar with the advertiser papers such as the thrifty nickels and their ilk.

If it is not a good deal, they will tell you. If it is a good deal, you will get somebody who will take it off your hands.

Go to such places as Lowe’s, Home Depot, hardware stores, carpet stores, and other places frequented by fixer folk. Leave notices on bulletin boards if you can. Tell the clerks to pass on your phone number to their customers. Let’s see, what are the last few things an investor would be putting into a fixer house? Probably tile and carpet? Maybe sod? Perhaps miniblinds? Appliances? If you can connect with them there you might hit them when they are just eager to find their next deal.

Also, take around fliers to the real estate offices nearby. Some of the agents are investors. Some may be willing to bring over investors they know for a 2 1/2 or 3% commission on the selling price. If you lose this deal you get nothing. If you have to pay for a buyer contact, so be it. At least you make some profit.

Good InvestingRon Starr

Re: 18 DAYS TO DEAL - Posted by GMZ

Posted by GMZ on June 28, 2003 at 20:45:16:

You mean you have no money within a credit or debit card? Is there a “Thrifty Nickel” newspaper? Can you even just afford a simple sign from any sign company. Yard sign! Post in nearby supermaket bulletin boards. Post in nearby church bulletin boards. Get yourself a posterboard, a black Sharpie pen and some duct tape and post the house for sale on available nearby busy intersections…DO SOMETHING! Don’t just sit there and fret.