1986 24x48 1152 SF. $2500 Must Move - Posted by PattyTx

Posted by Philip on September 20, 2003 at 07:02:57:

I guess what I didn’t like about the moving was the time involved. I didn’t have the “team” of movers, electricians, plumbers, and carpenters (if needed). Everyone took longer than planned to do their part, even me.
That made getting the cash flowing again slower. I did this on private land so at least I didn’t have holding cost.
If you have it pre-sold and a “no lot rent until sold” agreement you might be ok.
And I am not very experienced so you may be ahead of me!
Philip

1986 24x48 1152 SF. $2500 Must Move - Posted by PattyTx

Posted by PattyTx on September 19, 2003 at 09:37:26:

Ok, I am pretty sure I can get this for $2500 his payoff but it has to be moved. Also it?s been vacant for a while so I need to check things out. My thinking is to run an ad for sale (MUST MOVE).

Or would it be worth my while to move it and sale owner financing? Of course I would have to find a place to move it. It looks pretty good from the outside. Sorry this is vague but this is all I have for now. I am in the Dallas area by the way. Of course this would be #1 for me and moving I am really not interested in unless the return is really Good NUFF NUFF NUFF vs. the moving expense and headaches. I would really like to just get in and out of this quickly for the experience. I will call about moving expenses. I told the owner 4k plus set up cost and he said I was wrong but I know I’m close.

Thanks for any ideas and input.
Patty

1986 24x48 1152SF. Model unknown. $2500.00
Take out the nospam

Re: 1986 24x48 1152 SF. $2500 Must Move - Posted by Joe C. (AR)

Posted by Joe C. (AR) on September 20, 2003 at 24:00:08:

I may have to disagree with Doc here, but that’s why this site is valuable, different viewpoints. For anyone with some street smarts and some money to work with, this may not be a bad deal. In my area I could put this in a park and get 3-5k down and 15k to 18k on a note. Total expenses 8-10k with 2k in fix up. I could then sell a partial on the note and put 3k in my pocket after expenses plus the backend payments. 60- 90 days.

Or, I could put it on a stand alone lot, and attach it to a permanent foundation. Same 8-10k plus the lot, utilities and site work. Around 28-30k total. Then,I could sell with FHA financing for 50-60k or more. I’d then pocket a quick (6 months) 20-30k in cash.

I’ve met folks from Texas who claim to average 15-20k on used double-wide land home packages and they’re not buying them as cheap as the one you describe.
You said you’d want to turn it quick, so maybe Doc is right. But if you’ve got some cash,some time, some street smarts and patience, you could easily double your investment, or at least I could. Some cash and time are the key. As far as the land goes, you should be able to buy an owner financed parcel so that would help minimize the cash needed to pull this off. You’d still need 15k-18k cash to put it on land or 8k-10k to put it in a park.

Take the option, like Doc said. while your looking for a buyer, look for a lot as well, weigh your options after you are sure what they are.
Just my .02
Joe C. (AR)

My first move was rough, avoid it for now nt - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 19, 2003 at 16:00:31:

nt

Don’t move , I’ve got you covered. - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on September 19, 2003 at 10:29:42:

Ask for a 60 day option on it, in writing, then try to sell it as is, where is. Its too expensive and to much hassel to move this one for the amount of profit you will get. It isn’t worth the risk, for the amount you will make on it either. Don’t move. That about covers it.

Regards, doc

Re: My first move was rough - Posted by Dave-WA

Posted by Dave-WA on September 19, 2003 at 23:21:30:

Against the advice of those much more knowledgeable I’m still considering moving one.

Give us the gory details. Maybe it will change my mind.

Re: Great idea Thanks Doc. NT. - Posted by PattyTx

Posted by PattyTx on September 19, 2003 at 14:01:39:

NT.

Dave, go here: - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on September 20, 2003 at 14:29:27:

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/6989.html

this is a start.

Tell us your details, we may be able to better serve you.