1st deal sold!!! - Posted by Rob B

Posted by Rob B on February 10, 2002 at 20:56:37:

Hi, I bought it with a visa card cheque. I just paid off the loan yesterday with the 1000 I got for the down payment and some other money I just earned doing some renovation work last weekend. I did put probably 15 hrs into it. When I bought it the guy had the power and gas shut off, so after I warmed it up I re-sodered (sp?) one leak. The toilet did not crack. I also put a new heat tape on the main water, painted the kitchen cupboard doors and the wallpapered walls. O’yah, I also installed a new front door that I bought used for 30 (a nice white metal panel door). So with pad rent and fixing up I probably spent around 600.00. I actually had about 4 people who wanted to buy it. 1 backed out because the bank wouldn’t loan him the money - he wanted to buy it and move it to his own land. I told him he would have to pay cash if he was going to move it. The 2nd person was having eye sergery and said she could’t deal with it right now, the third I did some background checks and found out he was a bad renter in another park, that he had a grow operation in the movibe. The fourth I sold to. We will see how it goes. All this took 5 and a half weeks from the time I bought it. O’ya, I I did this in Canada. So those Canadians out there that think it’s way different than the states -YOU’RE WRONG - I think this can be done just about anywhere.
Bye for now!!!

1st deal sold!!! - Posted by Rob B

Posted by Rob B on February 08, 2002 at 23:09:14:

Well I sold my first mobile yesterday. I have other rentals but never done a MH. I bought it for 2300 on Jan 1 and sold it yesterday for 7500!. 1000 down and 6500 for 36 months. I used everything in Lonnies books. Thanks Lonnie. I think this could be fun (and profitable).

Re: 1st deal sold!!! - Posted by Dave(WNC)

Posted by Dave(WNC) on February 09, 2002 at 21:31:58:

Wow… 165% yield on your first deal. And I thought I did well on my first Lonnie deal at 90%.

For those of you who haven’t done their first deal, Lonnie’s cookbook really does work.

Just follow the green brick road.

Good for you, Rob!

Dave

Re: 1st deal sold!!! - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on February 09, 2002 at 19:04:35:

Rob

Congrat’s Sounds like a NICE deal. Now make it a goal, one of these a month for a couple years will make rob a J.O.B. LESS boy. Take Care ScottS(NC)

Re: 1st deal sold!!! - Posted by Tracy

Posted by Tracy on February 09, 2002 at 24:44:19:

Did you have to put up the original $2300 to buy the MH? What about fix up? How long did it take you to sell the place with those terms?

Obviously I am not real familiar with MH’s and doing Lonnie deals, but am interested in learning more.

Tracy

Re: 1st deal sold!!! - Posted by Rob B

Posted by Rob B on February 10, 2002 at 20:58:22:

Hi, I bought it with a visa card cheque. I just paid off the loan yesterday with the 1000 I got for the down payment and some other money I just earned doing some renovation work last weekend. I did put probably 15 hrs into it. When I bought it the guy had the power and gas shut off, so after I warmed it up I re-sodered (sp?) one leak. The toilet did not crack. I also put a new heat tape on the main water, painted the kitchen cupboard doors and the wallpapered walls with some paint I had leftover from another job. O’yah, I also installed a new front door that I bought used for 30.00 (a nice white metal panel door). So with pad rent and fixing up I probably spent around 450.00. I actually had about 4 people who wanted to buy it. 1 backed out because the bank wouldn’t loan him the money - he wanted to buy it and move it to his own land. I told him he would have to pay cash if he was going to move it. The 2nd person was having eye sergery and said she could’t deal with it right now, the third I did some background checks and found out he was a bad renter in another park, that he had a grow operation in the movibe. The fourth I sold to. We will see how it goes. All this took 5 and a half weeks from the time I bought it. O’ya, I I did this in Canada. So those Canadians out there that think it’s way different than the states -YOU’RE WRONG - I think this can be done just about anywhere.
Bye for now!!!