1st Lonnie Deal! I Rule! - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 02, 2000 at 24:44:45:

I bought a 12x62 2bd/2ba for $4000 (yea, too much). Sold it for $7500–$1000 cash and a $6500 note at 12.75% (the industry standard–thanks Lonnie!) for 3 years.

I’ve set it up so the buyer will pay me on the 1st of the month directly to my account. He’s a trucker so can pay me at any branch across the country. I will be able to check my account via internet banking and know exactly when he makes the deposit (sort of handy while I’m in Oz and he’s in California).

That’s about it. I’ve made some mistakes on this deal and I realize that. It was scary, but I did it. Next time will be better.

Lisa Charles

1st Lonnie Deal! I Rule! - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 01, 2000 at 14:59:19:

It’s not the perfect deal. Things popped up that weren’t in Lonnie’s books so I had a huge learning curve today.

Thanks to those who’ve helped me get through this!

Things I learned:

*No friends allowed while we sign contracts–leave them in the car with the window down so they don’t suffocate.

*Just because it’s a pretty Saturday doesn’t mean we’re are going to speed things up

*Make sure that they know EXACTLY how much cash to bring to the table before they get there

*Have most of the contract (make, model, etc.) filled out beforehand

*Make sure things are squared away with the park manager

*Don’t lose any sleep over the deal!

Hold on to your mobile homes, boys and girls, Lisa is kickin’ butt!

Re: 1st Lonnie Deal! I Rule! - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on April 02, 2000 at 07:46:56:

Hi Lisa,

Congratulations! Welcome to “Check of the month club”. Now, get another one while you?re on a roll.

Best wishes,

Lonnie

Congrats Lisa!!! Now go get another one! (nt) - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on April 01, 2000 at 23:13:19:

nt

Congrats! - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on April 01, 2000 at 15:54:39:

Now is a good time to sit down and create a “cheat sheet” for yourself so that next time, you just have to glance at the sheet before you leave and when you are sitting down at the table with the buyer, you will all your ducks in a row.

Less stress, fewer mistakes and more professional.

Congrats on your first deal!

Tony-VA

Re: 1st Lonnie Deal! I Rule! - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 01, 2000 at 15:33:43:

Nice going Lisa,

What were the details of your mobile deal?

Thank you Lonnie-- I owe much of it to you! (nt) - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 02, 2000 at 13:27:46:

nt