1st lonnie deal - Posted by james-mo

Posted by Tobe (ID) on December 10, 1999 at 21:24:19:

Congratulations!!

I just bought both of Lonnie’s books and finished them within 2 days. Man, I’m excited to start. The day I got the first book I read it all the way through. I then grabbed the classified ads and called one to go look at. I went and looked at it, but don’t want to go through with the deal because the MH is in BAD shape. I’m still looking. Thanks for the encouragement. What was the managers deal about not usually doing that? Also, how have you managed to line up 5 people? Just looking for some pointers.

Tobe

1st lonnie deal - Posted by james-mo

Posted by james-mo on December 10, 1999 at 17:56:40:

Well i just sold my 1st lonnie deal. It was an emotional roller coaster. I had to convince the pm to let me do it, my wife that i wasn’t nuts etc. It was a 73 12 x 65 and i paid 1300 plus two months back lot payments of 200 each so 1700 total. then i had to paint the whole outside and cut a tree down to make the pm happy. She explained they do not normally do this but after getting to know me and saw my work etc…she now asked me if i want to do more. I could have got more but due to winter coming and being nervous etc i sold it for 3,900 with 500 down and 150 a month at 12.75%. Not a huge profit but enough and the experience that i learned is worth it. I know have 5 more people lined up for the next one. FOLKS read the books and do exactly what lonnie tells you. I new nothing about mobile homes but i had the courage attitude and effort to do it. My wife helped me paint it and my brother did the handy man things ceiling fans,lights etc…SOME OF you may remember me asking for desperate advice on what to do the phone did not ring at 1st and i was really scared and nervous…thanks dirk, lonnie and the rest of you for all the help advice etc and happy holidays…i am having a cold beer and can’t help feeling proud of myself. i worked my but off and proved to my family that i and lonnie are not nuts…

So glad this was a success for you. - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 13, 1999 at 08:20:49:

It makes such a BIG difference when you have family support behind you (both morale support, as well as the physical labor).

It is scary enough taking on a ‘new venture’ (in this case your first ‘Lonnie deal’) let alone having to deal with ‘negativism’ from family members or others who don’t believe you can do it. (…can really take the wind outta your sails…)

Was GLAD to read your story. Now ON TO YOUR NEXT SUCCESSFUL DEAL!!! :-))

Re: 1st lonnie deal - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on December 11, 1999 at 08:02:13:

Hi James,

Congratulations…not only for doing your first deal, but having the courage and determination to stick with what you believed in, and making it work. You?ve proven once again the power of positive thinking.

You may not realize it yet, but your real benefits in this deal isn?t the cash profit, or the monthly checks. Your true "profit? is learning that you don?t have to accept what life hands you, or to let others dictate how, or how much money you will earn. You have the ability to create your own future, and your future is limited only by your thinking

The monthly checks from this deal will end at some point, but the lessons, knowledge and self esteem you gained from this deal will stay with you for life. Continue to use that knowledge, keep a positive attitude and you can achieve whatever you want… And never stop learning.

Best wishes,

Lonnie

P.S. Congratulations also for having a wife that?s willing to be a team player. Sounds like you have everything going for you. Now, on to the next deal.

Re: 1st lonnie deal - Posted by SL-VA

Posted by SL-VA on December 10, 1999 at 21:29:30:

Great job!!!

The first one is always the most difficult one - there are just so many emotional hurdles. I remember my excitement when I came to agreement with my first Lonnie deal buyer, only to find out he was rejected by the pm. I eventually sold it a week later.

Keep up the good work and long live Lonnie!!!