1st time home buyer - Posted by charliemcc

Posted by Gus on March 16, 2006 at 16:43:02:

I suggest you check out Russ Whitney on the search engine on this site first. You can save yourself a lot of time

1st time home buyer - Posted by charliemcc

Posted by charliemcc on March 15, 2006 at 07:51:10:

i am 54 years old and never owned real estate, but i have been kissed. i am considering buying a duplex to live in, and rent the other side out. i would consider a single family too. this is not primarily an investment but a place to live but it would be nice if it appreciated in value over the years. is there a simple book outlining the steps i should take in buying a house? or even an article or a website written especially for first tiem buyers? there is proabably something on this website that would help me.

Re: 1st time home buyer - Posted by Darryl

Posted by Darryl on March 15, 2006 at 21:49:34:

Dear 1st Time,

Not knowing (it’s none of my business) your credit score or anything like that, I would suggest Russ Whitney’s book; The Millionaire Mentor. I know your question was about buying a duplex, but I think if you take the time to read that book, a lot of your questions will be answered. You can borrow a copy at most Public Libraries. If you like it, almost every book store in town will either have it, or order it for you. If you’ve never filled out a purchase offer form (contract), consider joining your local Investment Property Owners Association, and just ask some of the other members which contracts they use, and where you can get a copy. You’ll probably be surprised at how helpful your Investing peers can be. I hope this helps, best of luck.