2 BR Trailers - Posted by Mike Austin

Posted by terryr on April 15, 2002 at 23:49:56:

3 br’s are better but we have NO TROUBLE with 2br

2 BR Trailers - Posted by Mike Austin

Posted by Mike Austin on April 15, 2002 at 21:22:19:

I bought a 2 BR / 1 BA mobile home because I heard they were preferred over 3/1 since no kids would be living there. I’m finding that everyone wants at least a 3 BR even if they’re by themself. I also heard you shouldn’t mess with double wides but many people ask if I have one.

I’m having trouble renting/leasing the 2 BR even though it has all new features. Anyone else have the same problem? Should I wholesale it to someone else?

Worried in Florida…

Depends where you are … - Posted by Jerry Freeman

Posted by Jerry Freeman on April 16, 2002 at 06:51:36:

… Some places, they’re no problem at all, some places, they’re a lot harder. I’ve had success changing my strategy from a Lonnie deal where the 2BR would have to stay in the park to selling it to someone (newlywed) with land who will pull it out of the park.

I tried for four months to sell, then told the PM that I had done my best, and would have to sell to someone who would pull it out. He wasn’t upset, could see that I had really tried. He just works there; it isn’t money out of his pocket. And, I don’t expect to work that particular park again anyway, so I wasn’t worried about losing his favor.

As it’s going, it looks like I’ve got it sold to someone who can get bank financing and I’ll end up getting cash out. A whole different type of caller’s been answering my ad since I added the words “can be moved.” Almost all cash or bankable customers with land and much better off financially than the regular callers for a home in a park.

I’ll steer clear of 2BRs from now on. They “don’t work where I live” although in some markets, they’re just fine.

Best wishes,
Jerry