2 Business Cards? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Dave K on April 03, 2006 at 08:42:46:

I love the $100 bill idea. I’ll have to use publisher to design a card front so that people will pick it up thinking it’s cash!!

2 Business Cards? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on March 31, 2006 at 07:31:00:

I’ve been running some ideas in my head and would like to get some opinions. I’m working on designing some business cards for myself. I’m not sure whether to just have one design or a couple different ones.

Let me explain…and, I know other people are in a similiar situation…I don’t want to limit myself to one type of investing. However, one type that I will want to pursue is buying houses from motivated sellers. For this aspect, I would like to have a business card that has the words, “I buy houses”, or something similiar on it.

But, I also would be open to buying any other type of real estate too. So, I’m thinking of having 2 sets of business cards. One with the words “I buy houses”. And another, wil something to the effect of: “XYZ Properties”, “Specializing in buying, selling and renting all types of Real estate”.

Any thoughts on this?

Re: 2 Business Cards? I have 4 - Posted by Todd Hutcheson

Posted by Todd Hutcheson on April 02, 2006 at 08:27:19:

I keep my buying and selling business seperate. I am a wholesaler in Orlando.

1. One for my buying with ibuyhomes.com logo as main theme. It also has back printed that tells the benefits of selling to me.
  2. One I pass out to other investors for buying or parntering with them. It has the wholesalerhomes.com logo on it. It tells them that I will partner or wholesale their properties for them.
  3. I have one that I hand out at real estate Seminars that tells people about ibuyhomes.com
  4. I have a general card with my name and contact info for those times I don’t want a seller to know that I buy homes for a living.

If the cards are printed at the same time in the same colors, it is very inexpensive.

Re: 2 Business Cards? - Posted by Martin Greenberg

Posted by Martin Greenberg on April 01, 2006 at 10:18:29:

I attended a seminar given by Elmer Diaz last weekend. He suggested having two cards.

The first card is your marketing card (I BUY HOUSES, a folded $100 dollar bill, ect.). The other card is a normal card. You would give this to mortgage, real estate, and title agents, lawyers, bankers, and other people you would not to give the marketing card.

Marty

Re: 2 Business Cards? - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on March 31, 2006 at 17:05:21:

Bob:

I agree with Dave. Give the business unifying theme like “I solve Real Estate Problems”, and list what they are.

We had a laugh down at our office a while back when we got a business card from a vendor that list the guys businesses as “Computing Consulting, Alarms, Taxi Transportation, and Moving and Storage”, among others, ALL on one card. I would have different cards made in this case. Would you take this guy seriously??

Frank Chin

Re: 2 Business Cards? - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on March 31, 2006 at 09:14:03:

I think you are overthinking this whole thing. Tell folks you buy problem real estate. Then let them bring their problems to you. It isn’t about the real estate, Bob, it is about solving the fundamental problem that happens to have real estate attached to it. Get it?

Having said that, I do have a couple different cards. A screaming neon one that gets attention, and a more subdued upscale one for when I’m too embarrassed to hand out the first!