20% effort = 1% success - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Re: JUST DO IT! - Posted by Richard

Posted by Richard on November 18, 1998 at 21:13:17:

Have you considered a job in RE?
A doc searcher at a title company, a runner
at a brokers office, a assistant for a busy
agent. You could make a little and learn
in the process.
Richard

Re: 20% effort = 1% success - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on November 12, 1998 at 09:14:37:

Laure,
Have you read Rich Dad, Poor Dad? With your experience in real estate already, you would be unstoppable with the knowledge contained in that book. I don’t have your experience, so I will not pretend to advise you how to conduct your life. I do believe that stepping away from fear, however, is the only way to accomplish one’s goals.
Give the book a read if you haven’t already. Good luck.

Re: 20% effort = 1% success - Posted by Young Buck

Posted by Young Buck on November 18, 1998 at 09:47:06:

I know how you feel. Sorry to say my situation is a little different because I am only 20yrs old. But my whole family and friends have been down my throat ever single day since I quit a Managers job which was paying me a lot of money (atleast for a 20yr old) but all I know is this:

DEEP DOWN INSIDE I KNOW 2 THINGS. 1. I WAS NOT MEANT TO WORK FOR SOMEONES ELSE ALLLLLLLLLLL MY LIFE. IT DOESNT EVEN SOUND RIGHT IF YOU SAY IT TO YOURSELF
(WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE ALLLLLLLLLLLL YOUR LIFE) AND 2. IS FAITH, I KNOW I WILL SUCCEED. MAYBE NOT TODOAY OR TOMMOR BUT SOOONN AND WHEN I DO EVERY ONE ELSE WILL STILL BE (WORKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE FOR THE REST OF THERE LIVESSSSS…THATS A LONG TIME)

ONE MORE THING. I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT (PRAYING HELPS) FOR ME. IM NOT A RELIGIOUS FREAK BUT I KNOW IT WORKS

SORRY IF I DIDNT HELP MUCH…

Re: 20% effort = 1% success - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on November 12, 1998 at 09:48:34:

I also don’t have a regular job… I own a One Hour Photo shop, so, I can’t just walk away. It is my heart and soul… it’s the Other thing I’ve wanted to do all my life. It’s just not as much money… it’s really just a job for the most part, but with downside potential !! www.colorfastphoto.com

Re: 20% effort = 1% success - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on November 12, 1998 at 09:45:04:

No, I haven’t … I’ll get it ! As soon as I slow down… uh… I’ll just DO IT ! oh, I’ll do it today ! Ok, maybe tomorrow… heheheh

I’m a bit of a smart A-- !!

Laure :slight_smile: Thanks !

Re: 20% effort = 1% success - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on November 18, 1998 at 10:35:22:

I have already started real estate investing so at least I’m on my way. The best advice that I could give you at this point is to educate yourself. Read every tidbit of information that you can possibly find on this web site, then hit the library. Read all you can about real estate investing. I bought Lonnie Scruggs’ 2 books offered for sale here and they have already more than paid for themselves. Education is VERY important to succeed at this, or any, business. Learn the ins and outs of the business first, but don’t delay taking action. Go read my article in “Success Stories” on this site if you need the kick in the butt to get you in gear.
Anything that your mind can conceive, it can achieve. Just take action!
By the way, I’m “only” 25 years old myself! How different is your situation now?

Re: 20% effort = 1% success - Posted by Greg A

Posted by Greg A on November 12, 1998 at 21:06:03:

Laure,

I agree about “Rich Dad, Poor Dad”, however, as a business owner I think you really owe it to yourself to read “E-Myth Revisted”. It is fantastic on getting business owners refocused. Just a thought. Good luck.

Greg

thanks for being so cheerful - Posted by mjs

Posted by mjs on November 12, 1998 at 12:39:37:

You brighten up this page