Posted by Tyler on June 17, 1999 at 13:53:48:

As Lonnie might say, “That’s good 'nuff”
As John Behle might say, “Better than walking due west 'til your hat floats”
As Ed Garcia might say, “Pretty good for a young bull”
As LeGrand might say, “Beats swingin’ a hammer”
As Bronchick might say, “That’s 1k for tapping, 20k for knowing where to tap”

Let me say one thing to all newbies and oldies alike:

It CAN be done.

Four years ago, I, like so many others, FINALLY broke down and bought the Carleton Sheets course. After being exposed to the numbers invlolved in RE investing, I knew that if there was one field to make big money working for yourself, RE was it.

After getting the course, and making it through the first 3 or 4 cds, my course, like so many of its kind, found itself collecting dust on my bookshelf.

“Someday I’ll finish it. Someday when I have more time.”

I went on with my life. Always waiting for things to be “just right”.

Real Estate investing never left my mind…I never had a doubt that “someday” I’d be successful with it, but right now I was just “too busy”.

One year. Two years. Three years. Four years.

Still…“too busy”

Then one day, while sitting in my office at my corporate JOB, my frustration got the best of me. I jumped on the internet to search out any sites with info on this “creative” real estate thing. First thing I found was CREonline.

That day changed my life.

I printed out every single “money making” and “how to” article on the site. (you should have seen me running back and forth to the community printer…acting like it was all company business)

That night, I went out and bought “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kyosaki.

I was ecstatic.

I spent the next six months studying RE, and hanging out on the Newsgroup in my spare time. I was amazed by the power of the support and encouragement of this site. Anytime I had a question, or just needed a pick-me-up…I’d come to CREonline. Although I was constantly looking at properties, and trying to work deals, I never got anywhere. I just didn’t have the time to do things right.

Finally, in February of this year, I did it. Everyone thought I was crazy, but I did it anyway.

I quit my job. And I did it with all the peace in the world…with only 3 months worth of living expenses in the bank.

The next week after I quit, I flew to Dallas to attend the CREonline convention.

The rest is history.

I spent the remainder of March vacationing. During April, I spent the entire month studying and getting a structured business plan in order.

May 3, 1999, I finally kicked off my business. I placed a couple ads, and started hitting it hard.

By the end of the month, I had successfully wholesaled two properties: one for $9,200, and one for $12,000. Over $21,000 in one month!

Amazing.

I kept waiting for someone to come to my door and arrest me. “You can’t make that much money…unless you’re doing something illegal!”

I now have more deals coming at me then I can handle…and I haven’t even began to TOUCH my marketing plan. I have spent most of this month working on my business system, streamlining the entire process so that I stay organized and productive. I anticipate amazing things for this year.

It works, friends. It really works.

I don’t write this to appear boastful, but to motivate you. Whether you are brand new, riding the fence, or the most experienced investor around.

Go for it! Take the plunge and DO IT! Order some courses from this site, and hang out here as much as you can. But most importantly…Do it. A good idea isn’t worth the paper it’s written on, until you do it.

When you HEAR something you forget it, and when you SEE something you remember it. But it’s not until you DO something, that you truly LEARN HOW TO DO IT.

Above everything else in this post, I want to thank everyone on this website. Thank you all. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for sharing ideas. Thank you for truly being friends. This group has been a very valuable asset in the pursuit of my dreams.

Thanks especially to JP and Terry…this site is changing lives every day. That must feel good.

…y’ ain’t seen nothin’ yet!

Remember: Dreams are only dreams…'til you make them come true.

I love this game.

Nate “Tyler”

Re: $21k…first month “in business”…Great story Tyler! :slight_smile: - Posted by D.

Posted by D. on June 20, 1999 at 15:52:13:

Great Story Tyler! Gives the rest of us (with myself seeing and hearing nothing but the negative side for so long in Houston) hope!
Congratulations,keep it up,KEEP POSTING YOUR SUCCESSES,and wish the rest of us luck!:slight_smile:
D.

Re: $21k…first month “in business” - Posted by Babesy

Posted by Babesy on June 18, 1999 at 23:08:36:

This success could not happen to a nicer guy!

Fabulous! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing. - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on June 18, 1999 at 17:23:57:

What a go-getter. Good job.

Another congratulations… - Posted by DC (IL)

Posted by DC (IL) on June 18, 1999 at 07:06:25:

It is stuff like this that keeps me on this board. What motivation! Hitting rock-bottom is a great motivator, isn’t it? Don’t fret over the lost time and keep 'em coming!

Re: $25k…first month - Posted by peter

Posted by peter on June 17, 1999 at 22:30:17:

Dear Tyler i truly think you are fake or you know me. ?Your storie is identical with my ,but the only difference is i quit my job in december, and i could not afford to go the seminar and i dont have a business plan yet. every thing else are the same. After i quit my job in december every one told me i was crazy. two month ago i bought my first home, when i close i had to borrow money. after closing i have 25k minus closing cost in my pocket plus the money i borrow which i return not on my 25k plus when i explain to the seller how hard its been for me to pull the first one off. he hold a 2nd for 10% for me , he offer me to buy it from him for $1.00. they are my angel…

Re: $21k…first month “in business” - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on June 17, 1999 at 21:23:14:

Hey Tyler, SLOW DOWN!!
At this rate, I’ll NEVER catch up!
Just kidding!
Way to go!
I love reading about other peoples success stories.
That and the knowledge offered here are what makes this site so GREAT!!
I have never made $21k in a month, but I’ll tell ya, what we have done has been “good nuff”.
That is…
Until I read about your post convention run!
Better get my rear in gear, or I’ll look lazy!
Keep at it and thanks for sharing,
Jim IL

Congratulations! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on June 17, 1999 at 16:46:03:

Holy Smoke, Tyler! What a great way to “start” in this
business. Congradulations. We are very proud of you and
very happy for your success.

JP

Re: $21k…first month “in business” - Posted by Christina

Posted by Christina on June 17, 1999 at 16:19:07:

Your story is so inspiring. I just got started in REI, and already encountering some “obstacles” and was already starting to feel down about the whole thing. Then I go on CREonline (like I do everyday), find your story, and feel motivated to do whatever it takes again. THANK YOU for erasing any doubts that I have left in real estate!

Christina

That SUCCESS deserves to be boasted about!!! - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on June 17, 1999 at 15:33:37:

Tyler,
Boast all you want buddy… All the way to the bank.
Pat

Re: $21k…first month “in business” - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on June 17, 1999 at 15:28:40:

Nate,

Congratulations you efforts have created the dreams and visions that you developed!

This is all about choice, it isn’t easy to choose to go out and take on this “new Field” of real estate, and you are to be commended for taking the steps, investing the time, and believing in yourself and your ablities.

I agree that this site and the people who are here are so remarkable that it is hard to imagine what it would be like with out it.

Keep doin’ whatcha doin’ !

Creating the “systems” take time but in the end that is what creates the differnece between trading one JOB for another.

Congratulations,

Mark R in KCMO