2nd One!! - Posted by derek

Posted by Bobbie on March 08, 2006 at 23:53:26:

Hi Derek,

I feel your excitement! I’m concerned along with Michael, but for a different reason. It’s a ONE bedroom!! In my market, I would have a very difficult time selling a ONE bedroom. I have sold two homes to single women and they both wanted at least a two bedroom.
Have you researched your market on one bedrooms? May I suggest you go through the classified ads and see how many one bedroom apartments are available for rent and what the rent is before you buy.
Also, do you know how long this mobile has been for sale?
I don’t want to discourage you either and I do think you should go have a look-see.
Someone shared a very good post that I’d like to share with you. It’s a good approach when looking to buy: “Seller must convince me to take on their burden and reward me with a selling price that I just can’t refuse!” Equipped with this thinking, I honestly believe good deals will come your way.
But do GOTC and keep looking.

Please let us know what happens and how you make out.
Happy day,
Bobbie :slight_smile:

2nd One!! - Posted by derek

Posted by derek on March 08, 2006 at 18:45:31:

I have been telling the prospects that ill contact them in 48 hours to set time to look. This other one seems like a slam dunk its a 1970 ?? one bedroom. New water heater, the owners father passed away and he’s going to live with his mother, lot rent is current, and he’s really needing cash.he said it doesnt need any work. $2,000/obo. Road trip!!

Re: 2nd One!! - Posted by Michael(KCMO)

Posted by Michael(KCMO) on March 08, 2006 at 19:29:13:

Derek,

What part of the country are you from? Unless you’re from some high-priced area your prices seem pretty high. I could be wrong, but you seem a bit over-eager. I certainly don’t want to discourage you from getting off the couch, but neither do I want you to overpay and get burned in the end. Have you read Deals on Wheels? Have you researched your market? How many mh’s have you looked at? How many motivated sellers have you talked to? Would you recognize a motivated seller when you saw one? More importantly, would you recognize and UNmotivated seller?

Again, I want you to be successful and not get burned by paying too much up front.

To your success,
Michael(KCMO)