3/1 or 2/1 Which Is Better? - Posted by Dave

Posted by Ruben (KCKS) on April 18, 2007 at 20:22:24:

It comes down to the condition of the home but if both were equal in terms of the interior I would always take a 3/1 over a 2/1.

I have purchased both 3 and 2 bedroom homes and I find that the 3 bedrooms sell quicker but some people want a 2 bedroom (new family with no kids or an older person looking to retire).

I do not know where you are but at those prices I would be looking at buying both. You can even tell each seller you are looking at the other home but really only want to buy one. Then ask for their best cash price today. Be quiet and see how low they will go. Maybe you can get both for 3K or less. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

Ruben Flores

816 918-9041

3/1 or 2/1 Which Is Better? - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on April 18, 2007 at 19:58:25:

I went to look at a 3/1 mobile today for 3,000 and a 2/1 for $2500. I am wondering whether people are less likely to buy the 2/1 due to no room for expansion etc. I said I was interested for $1000 on the 2/1. What do you think? Would you buy anything smaller than a 3/1 or 3/2?

Re: 3/1 or 2/1 Which Is Better? - Posted by RickeD_Ga.

Posted by RickeD_Ga. on April 19, 2007 at 18:55:23:

I prefer the 3/1 or the 3/2 for quicker turn arounds,
dont minde a 2/1 if its not to small of a home, the 2/2s with a bedroom/bath on each end go pretty well in my area,
It just takes a special individual to get rid of the small ones , single older people takes these small ones, or younger couples with no kids thats just trying to make end meet.

Ricky Roland

Re: 3/1 or 2/1 Which Is Better? - Posted by mike barlow

Posted by mike barlow on April 19, 2007 at 08:28:37:

Yes in our area people are more likely to buy a 3/1 than a 2/1. We don’t
know the time but it seems that a 2/1 takes a lot longer to sell than a
3/1.

Re: 3/1 or 2/1 Which Is Better? - Posted by John B

Posted by John B on April 19, 2007 at 06:20:17:

I prefer the 3 bedroom units, its seems like they always sell faster and easier for me, I have bought a couple of 2 bedrooms along the way when opportunities were slim.
The Lonnie buying index has worked well for me to date, I find that buying from an owner has been more expensive to me, I would pay a private owner 3k for a 1980’s in good condition.
I just bought a 1980 3/2 yesterday for $200.00.
I have found that the purchase price layes in the balanced somewhere between motivation and opportunity, Pay special attention to the insight lonnies provides about motivation ( READ IT AGAIN AND AGAIN until you can adopt it), Opportunity is like the weather it comes and goes with varying degrees as does the price.
Good luck