$3000 is all I need - Posted by rey

Posted by Rob in Hawaii on July 15, 2002 at 19:59:58:

Couldn’t agree more. Remeber this is “his” house that you are trying to make money from. With NO $$$ money coming from you, what incentive do you have to make this deal work? You could just walk away at any time … no loss. However, $3000 shows him you are serious and that you now ALSO have a stake in “making the deal”.
Good luck.
~Rob

$3000 is all I need - Posted by rey

Posted by rey on July 15, 2002 at 13:16:19:

Last Saturday I met with a seller who was going to allow me to lease option his house but decided to for first and last months rent totaling $3000. The only problem was I don’t have $3000. I tried to explain to him that I would first find a tenant and ask them for first and last months rent and forward that to him but he just doesn’t seem to understand. This house is sitting vacant and he and his wife are trying to get out from under the payment and have even discounted the house a whopping $3000. What other options do I have? This house has been on the market for quite some time and its a nice looking, easily rentable house.

Re: $3000 is all I need - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on July 15, 2002 at 16:46:38:

Hey Rey,

This is a REAL “easy” one. You sell what you have to come up with the 3k and do the deal. The guy is too hard headed and maybe he does not believe you can do what you say. In addition, you are putting no money where your mouth is. Try showing him SOME cash and see if that works.