31 UNIT MOTEL CABINS - Posted by BILL TAYLOR

Posted by Doris - Va. on January 26, 1999 at 17:17:24:

Motel “cabins” reminds me of going up to the White Mts. in New Hampshire and seeing dozens of cabin groups. They were like cute dollhouses and I think the owners vied with each other in the designs and colors of their units as well as the beautiful landscaping. I think some of these places are still going strong altho many have given way to regular motels. If you can catch the public’s eye - I would think that many people would love to stay in a little “cabin” just like in the old days.

I would suggest cashing in on the nostalgia angle if you can.

Best Wishes - Doris - Va.

31 UNIT MOTEL CABINS - Posted by BILL TAYLOR

Posted by BILL TAYLOR on January 26, 1999 at 16:54:03:

I’ve owned a small motel for about 4 years. It has done alright but I think it has much more potential. Anyone have any ideas for this property that I may not have thought of. I have even thought about an assisted living property but not sure of the pro’s and cons.

Re: 31 UNIT MOTEL CABINS - Posted by Harvey Carroll, JR.

Posted by Harvey Carroll, JR. on January 28, 1999 at 15:26:46:

I have done some business analysis on recreation facilities such as a Colorado Ski Resourt. My team of students have put together a few pages in reference to such a resourt. The info my help, it comes form experts in Management, Marketing, Computer Info Systems, Accounting, and myself RE and Finance…

Re: 31 UNIT MOTEL CABINS - Posted by George

Posted by George on January 27, 1999 at 11:10:26:

I’ve seen smaller (less units) converted to efficiency apts. Perhaps you could charge a weekly rent like a rooming house. Are you in an area where people may choose to live in your motel?