4 Closings in 30 days! - Posted by JOE

Posted by Natalie-VA on June 09, 2005 at 07:33:23:

You should call the attorney and ask her the question. When she says you can ask the assistant, you can let her know that you didn’t hear back from her. The attorney should know about this. I agree that a regular customer should get a call back the same day.

4 Closings in 30 days! - Posted by JOE

Posted by JOE on June 08, 2005 at 04:01:02:

I bought and sold 4 houses in last 30 days.

I closed all 4 with same attorney.

To All you veteran investors out there doing this many closings per month with one attorney, what special perks do you get from them?

free title searches? better access to them? etc?

I want to get something in return for giving the attorney so much business…but want to be fair

Re: 4 Closings in 30 days! - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on June 08, 2005 at 14:23:12:

I do mine with a settlement agent (not an attorney) and my repeat business gets me superior service.

They routinely close stuff for me in 2 to 3 days. They get deeds prepared and take docs to the courthouse to record for me that have nothing to do with a transaction they are handling. They only charge me their direct costs. I offer to pay them a processing fee and they refuse to take it. I offer to pay double on quick closings and they still refuse to take my money.

I used to get HUGE discounts on title insurance, but the the state insurance board put a stop to discounting insurance premiums.

If you are getting good service, keep sending your business there…it pays in many ways.

Re: 4 Closings in 30 days! - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on June 08, 2005 at 10:22:01:

As Sailor said, I treat them as gold and get the same in return. I never get charged for consults only closings when I call he answers whenever I have a question. Don’t be a cheapskate! Look afetr them and they will look after you.

Last month I walked in with $100 gift certificates for everyone’s favorite restaurant, for no reason. I bring little things all the time.

He turned me on to a deal a couple of months ago on a note that had gone bad for a client that they didn’t want to deal with anymore. We bought it at a discount and made a 6 times return in less than a month.

Look after them and they’ll look after you.3

Hope This helps,
Barry (FL)

Re: 4 Closings in 30 days! - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on June 08, 2005 at 06:14:44:

The main thing I get is service. If I need a quick closing and my attorney is slam full, I still expect to get worked in fast. This is more important that money in my opinion. When I need a quick closing, I would not want that hindered by the fact that I am paying less than others. I do get a small discount on atornys fees, but that is less important. Don’t forget to give your attorney refferals as well.

Ken

Re: 4 Closings in 30 days! - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on June 08, 2005 at 05:11:13:

it depends on both you and the attorney. one other option would be him/her telling you about a deal. tell the attorney exactly what you looking for and ask if they come accross something like that to either call you or give your number to their other client.

Re: 4 Closings in 30 days! - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on June 08, 2005 at 07:58:45:

Not only do I give my attny my business (I also have 4 escrows closing in the next 30 days), but I remember him @ Christmas. In return I get ACCESS by phone & in person whenever he is not in court. If I ever have a question or need advice, he is ready & willing to help me off the clock. I consider him a colleague, worthy of my respect & business. It really pays off here in a small county where family & allies are critical. Don’t forget to treat the staff w/courtesy & small treats (chocolate is universally welcomed); winning over the entire office provides untold future benefits. When I needed help w/a family matter a few years ago, the results were magical. My attny & his staff are much more important to me than I am to them!

Tye

I’m doing another one … - Posted by JOE

Posted by JOE on June 09, 2005 at 24:15:47:

I just sold another house yesterday and will be having my buyers close with my attorney.

I called my attorney today at 10 am , left a msg with her assistant to call me back on a question.

I never got my call returned.

This is the 2nd time I’ve left a msg and haven’t had a call returned the same day.

I used to have her cell phone number n was able to reach her easily on my 1st closing. Since then, she requested I call the office as she got new phones setup.

I need to be able to call her on at reasonable times to get answers to quick questions. I figure with all the business I’m bringing her - it’s the least she can do.

Should I go ahead and ask her for the cell # ?