4 ) Finding - Developing a marketing plan - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on May 09, 1999 at 11:59:06:

John,

This is the area that I am sure ALL of us here will benefit from some help.

I have performed some market research and there really seems to be some decisions to be made.

1. Do you want to concentrate on seasoned notes or new notes?
  2. Do you want to concentrate on the note owner or the professional who can
    lead you to the note owner?

Any others you would like to fill in here?

1. I am open to both seasoned and unseasoned notes. I haven’t been playing the game yet so I am really out of touch with my market. The area where I live is really hot right now and seems to be a fairly strong sellers market.

However, there is a ton of developing going on and I believe that the new note side may be a good place to start.

In most of your material you seem to pursue the seasoned existing notes? Am I off base here? What do you suggest?

1. In most of your material you go after both. I intend to, but I am not sure where to start first. I am planning on developing a flyer or fax and go after the RE agents and Title companies. I have been a little reserved in doing so because I feel you need to establish professionalism from the start. I don’t want to start off with a bad taste in the mouth of the local players.

I don’t think it’s not analysis paralysis that I am experiencing. I am just looking at this HUGE elephant to eat and not sure where to take the first bite. FEAR is part of it, I’ll admit. However, I want to start off on the right foot and establish myself/my company as being professional from the start.

What would you have this aspiring note professional do next?

Thanks to all of my fellow CRE Online friends,

Dan Matejsek

P.S. I look forward to this being a continuing educational experience for all of us.