40 hr full time job-part time re investor(how?) - Posted by Newbie

Posted by reckless on August 13, 2003 at 15:33:30:

I have to work full time also. I am a Realtor here in Fl and I work for a great broker who lets me work part-time. I am looking to try to invest in r/e also.
It takes $ to be a fulltime r/e agent, something they dont tell you in r/e school. good luck to us.

40 hr full time job-part time re investor(how?) - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Newbie on August 12, 2003 at 22:47:53:

as a single parent with two children, and no car…seems like it would be impossible!! How would I manage to answer calls from cell phone, meet sellers, advertise, marketing, go to city hall to record documents, talk to attorney, find a notary, open house to show property, and everything else that is involved with real estate investing… Is it really possible?
Can someone give me a plan how to get things done?

I want to specialize in Sub2, and lease options…

Thanks for responding

Dont blow it out of proportion… - Posted by MatthewC

Posted by MatthewC on August 15, 2003 at 12:28:33:

Doing only one deal will not suck up all your time. Get a couple deals done, then look to the future. If you haven’t even done one, it is premature to be worrying about it.

My standard advice for beginners … - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 14, 2003 at 06:46:30:

Newbie----------

You can read my standard advice for beginners by putting “beginners success” into the search function of this main board of this CREONLINE.COM website.

Good InvestingRon Starr**

real estate is not a 9 to 5 job - Posted by Steve-nc

Posted by Steve-nc on August 13, 2003 at 12:10:49:

Newbie-

I think you will find many people who work at a job full time while investing in real estate. Ask a realtor how their weekends are. The typical tenant, buyer or seller works their 40hr job to be able to buy or rent their home.

You can do REI in the evenings and weekends. Set up a voice mail or answering machine where you can return calls. Meet sellers on weekends. Go to the courthouse on your lunch hour or to your bank for a notary. Call the news paper or use the internet to place your advertisements.

It is difficult with (2) kids and I’m not sure how you are getting around now with out a car. The real challenge is not the time but learning the business of real estate investing then applying what you have learned to gain experiance and reach your goals.

It is really possible!
Steve-nc

Re: 40 hr full time job-part time re… - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on August 13, 2003 at 07:57:31:

Also look to flip the houses wholesale and assign contracts (check the archives for more information). Start with one property and flip to other Investors. This will help you raise cash to buy a car and eventually get into rehabbing.

Re: keep it simple - Posted by qstaff

Posted by qstaff on August 12, 2003 at 23:27:31:

Start with one small manageable thing. Try to get a single family house near where you live that doesn’t need a lot of work. Now, how will you be able to buy this? Cash? Conventional financing? Or are you going to have to be creative with financing? Once you’ve figured out your financial approach, start looking for a house that fits those parameters. One house. Not 50. And don’t even consider something that needs rehabbing at this point unless you’ve got money and aggravation to spare.

Keep it simple. Buy one house that meets your financial terms (this doesn’t mean you can’t make lots of offers–certainly they don’t all come through).