5 day/no dicount method of selling - Posted by Steve

Posted by David Krulac on October 24, 2003 at 21:43:04:

here’s my review of the book “How to sell your house in 5 days” on Amazon.com

13 of 13 people found the following review helpful:

Original, unique, interesting and profitable, November 16, 1999
Reviewer: David Krulac (see more about me) from Mechanicsburg, Pa USA
We bought and read the Effros book, it is unique. I have read probably 200 real estate books and his 5 day method is different and effective. You have to get over the mental block of starting off low in your asking price. We modified the technique to serve our purposes. We employed a MAI (Member of Appraisal Institute) appraisal done on the property. After physically preparing the house by painting, cleaning, and some new flooring, ads were placed in the newspaper. We received offers above asking price and settled within 30 days. Everybody was happy. We have William Effros to thank for the unique idea, and ispiration of his book for our quick sale above asking price. Thank you, sir.

5 day/no dicount method of selling - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on October 24, 2003 at 21:08:29:

Can someone explain what this is? Just curious.

Thanks.

Re: 5 day/no discount method of selling - Posted by tom

Posted by tom on October 29, 2003 at 01:07:45:

The main difference is the 5 day method lures buyers
by advertising a lower than market price. NoDiscount method is about converting more people into buyers.
No Discount says it doesn’t matter how many people sees your house if you can’t turn them into buyers.

You can run the nodiscount method in 5 days if you really wanted to but it’s not recommended.

actually it’s nodiscount method of selling - Posted by EWD

Posted by EWD on October 26, 2003 at 01:10:58:

You can get all the answers by searching this site. Definately give nodiscount a try if you are serious about flipping. No need to worry about lawsuits ever because nodiscount asks for best offers where 5 day promises to sell at the end of the bidding. Go to amazon.com and read what other people have said about the 5 day book. You won’t find Nodiscount at a book store because it’s a complete web based home selling system with phone number capture feature, open house broadcast, forms, scripts, funding sources, down payment programs, discussion board, notebuyers, et… Nodiscount takes off where the 5 day left off but leaves the round robin bidding intact.
You get more resources to interest buyers which the 5 day author either forgot or don’t know. Just found out the other day that 70% of buyers shop over the web so that basically means the 5 day method is obsolete since they use only newspaper ads.

Give 5 day a shot it’s a heck lot cheaper. If you find that you’re getting a lot of people and no buyers then move up to nodiscount. I think nodiscount does a much better job at converting people into buyers.
Think of the 5 day method as a shotgun approach and nodiscount as a carpet bomb.

No method is guaranteed to work but nodiscount lets you know what needs to get done if it fails.

5 day book sells for 19.95 last I checked nodiscount is going for $300??? You do get what you pay for.