$50 application fee - Posted by Bob in GA

Posted by Chuck on August 14, 2003 at 23:40:21:

My person opinion on this is… if they can’t (or won’t) pony up the $50… you don’t want them as buyers.

There’s only one reason not to do so, they already know their not going to pass.

Next.

$50 application fee - Posted by Bob in GA

Posted by Bob in GA on August 14, 2003 at 22:53:14:

I have an incredible Top 10 Park (metro Atlanta) that rivals Bush Gardens for beauty that is now, (after months) available for me to do business in. PM has finally warmed up, after I took Doc’s and Anne’s advice on donuts, cards, and southern manners.

She charges $50 just to present an application from which she pays for the two background checks, and follow-up on employment. My Q: How do I encourage my prospects to hand over the $50 and go through with the application? I am very frank about the rigid qualifications for this park and so far no one has wanted to take the chance of losing the $.

I guess a rebate would work if they were approved, and after 2 or 3 months payments on time… something like that, right?

Love this site, and thanks for the counsel -
Bob

Re: $50 application fee - Posted by Greg Meade

Posted by Greg Meade on August 15, 2003 at 08:21:27:

Bob, this is a coommon thing in FL also. Recently did a lonnie in an adult (over 40) park and they also charge 50 but they told me going in they need a 660 FICO to even consider an app. What I do is charge 25 and log on to equifax.com and have them fill out app to pull credit on line and then and then use my credit card($13)and print 3 copies of their report. If the score is high enough, I keep one, submit on to PM and give client one. YThis gives them the feeling they are getting something for their money and also gives me a feel for their credit worthiness. The park likes it cuz they save money pulling credit. One thing I don’t do is submit multiple offers at once…this allows me to stay out of the middle. Good luck in your new park, iwish you well!

Re: $50 application fee - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on August 15, 2003 at 06:52:55:

Bob,

My applicants pay $20 for the park credit check and then I charge $25 (for a couple) to run a credit check, no one seems to have a problem, in fact I have to discourage people who want to give me money before the park has approved them.

What do you charge for your credit checks? Maybe you could reduce or eliminate that fee if they pass the park credit check.

You could tell prospects “hey, it’s five dollars cheaper in North Dakota, do you want to live in North Dakota or do you want to live in Busch Gardens?”

Market this correctly and it should be a non-issue.

Anne