$900 to set up LLC? - Posted by MIke

Posted by tony on August 30, 2004 at 14:29:25:

Bill,

Please keep me posted.

tony

$900 to set up LLC? - Posted by MIke

Posted by MIke on August 30, 2004 at 08:29:45:

My CPA’s secretary told me it would cost about $900 to set up a LLC. Is there a cheaper way for the lay person to do it or is that about the going rate. Im in North Carolina.

Re: $900 to set up LLC? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on September 12, 2004 at 09:54:56:

It cost me $500 to have mine set up in PA. I think i could have done it myself though.

Re: $900 to set up LLC? - Posted by Susan

Posted by Susan on September 07, 2004 at 16:10:27:

I have used a web based service at www.incorporatetime.com that is much less expensive (fees depend on your state). I have been pleased with their service.
Susan

Re: $900 to set up LLC? - Posted by Tony Ferrullo

Posted by Tony Ferrullo on August 30, 2004 at 08:40:04:

Mike,

In New Jersey, I just went to the NJ website and setup an LLC for $40.00.

You must be able to do the same thing In California.

Re: $900 to set up LLC? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on September 07, 2004 at 17:09:30:

Thanks Susan, A lawyer told me he would do it for $600 and my cpa told me $900. I think I might call the N.C. Treasury Department. I think the fileing fee here in N.C. is around $150 so i could trim another $100 off what they would charge me at the web site you sent me. Thanks again, Mike…

Re: $900 to set up LLC? - Posted by Bill Parente

Posted by Bill Parente on August 30, 2004 at 11:05:18:

Tony Ferrullo, I live in NJ and setup my LLC. Are you doing Lonnie deals in NJ and if you are how is your success. bp

Re: $900 to set up LLC? - Posted by Jeffery (LCLA)

Posted by Jeffery (LCLA) on August 30, 2004 at 09:05:04:

Look at your Secretary of State’s website. They’ll list the fees and may even provide the forms.

Regards,
Jeffery (LCLA)

or… - Posted by Eli

Posted by Eli on September 10, 2004 at 02:46:33:

Maybee another option to consider could be to save the hours you would spend “saving” the hundred bucks and go and do a deal an make a couple thousand. I was doing the same run around the first time I set up a corporation. I just couldnt justify the thousand bucks. I spent probably 20 hours looking for companies to do it cheap and then some time to find out if I could do it cheaper. In the end I decided that I wasnt a pro at corporations and I paid the $1000 (one of the more expensive fees) to the BEST company I could find. So I basically wasted my time and missed out on tons of deals that would have more then paid for the service. Thats my .02

Re: $900 to set up LLC? - Posted by Tony Ferrullo

Posted by Tony Ferrullo on August 30, 2004 at 12:57:15:

Hi Bill,

I’m still in the process of investigating these deals. Just got started.

I think I’m more interested in financing these deals that other people put together. I’m not a great “field guy”.

Re: $900 to set up LLC? - Posted by Bill Parente

Posted by Bill Parente on August 30, 2004 at 14:00:15:

Tony, I’m new at this also. I’m located in south jersey and I just made an offer on three vacant mh owned by the park manager. I was scared to death to approach the guy but he turned out to be nice to deal with. I have noticed that the homes are more expensive than the $2000 - $5000 range that lonnie deals with. But he does suggest to understand the concept and it should work in any area.If your interested i’ll keep you posted. Who knows I might need some to by the notes when I’m done.
Bill