99 conference question - Posted by Duane

Posted by MilNC on December 08, 1998 at 22:38:14:

I agree-I have a few courses, and being new, it will
take awhile for it to sink in. I started with reading
all the posts and how to’s and have re-read some
articles as they sunk in.

I’m glad to have the opportunity to familiarize myself
with a lot of the material ahead of time so that I will
not be as overwhelmed at the conference.

It’s like when you learn a foreign language, the first
word you come to that you don’t know, you dont’ hear
anything after that. So I’m working on learning the
terminology, and it’s variations & synonyms too.
Just my 2cents.

99 conference question - Posted by Duane

Posted by Duane on December 06, 1998 at 23:55:10:

I am considering attending the 99 conference in Dallas. I figure I might as well use what cash flow I do have coming in to pay the way (a little landlord christmas present). Anyway, I’m wondering if the speakers will be explaining STEP-BY-STEP methods, or general ideas that will be covered more thoroughly in their courses?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to deny anyone a profit for their knowledge. I am considering purchasing a course on flipping, but if Ron LeGrands’ speach is a STEP-BY-STEP of his course, then I’m there for sure. I’m just wondering what level of detail to expect.

Thanks.

Yes, You need to Attend - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on December 07, 1998 at 17:28:36:

Duane,

I attended last years convention, and I have already signed up for this years.

I know that I will come away from the convention with tons of new information.

Another great factor about the convention is meeting like minded people and who share your dreams, desires and imaginations. Being in a place where our off beat thinking, is the norm. Where you can not only gain from the experts, you will also learn from the people sitting next to you in the convention.

There are so many different ways to do deal, and none of them are wrong, they are just different!

If you choose you attend the convention, and invest in your future, you will know that you have the drive, desire, and the ability to do whatever it take to get to where you desire to be.

Simply stated, there is no good reason to not attend.

To attend or not to attend is a choice, and like other choices, the results of not choosing somthing seems safe, when often in reality not choosing to do something is a choice to stay where you are, a choice to watch what is happening from the sidelines. A choice that will strengthen the glue to keep you were you are today.

Now this might sound harsh, but here is how I see your question.

It reads like you don’t have confidence in yourself to accomplish your success in real estate.

It looks like your desires to attend are so powerful that your doubt is having trouble holding you back from what you desire, so it was looking for a reason to not attend, but your desire to attend and gain the knowledge and information that you know that you need to know is so powerful that you asked your quesions in the exact place you get the Yes you need to attend answer that you are looking for, and if that is not showing the drive and the desire to attend I dont know what would show more power.

Hope this helps

Mark R in KCMO

Facts - not fluff - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on December 07, 1998 at 13:48:26:

At the convention I will be giving the best practical, useful, step by step advice possible. The focus will be on buying and building your own “Paper Portfolio” and on “Improving Paper” for higher yields.

The first goal is what for many will be a “Contextual Shift”. To see the possibilities in paper investment that few know are even available.

The second goal is to build motivation. To “Jump Start your Greed Glands”, so that you see the potential and have the drive to alter your investing reality. I use real examples and real profits, while still trying to keep the concepts simple.

The third goal is to give you a plan to start out. That looks like:

1. How to find the right kind and quantity of notes. This includes techniques on finding existing portfolios of notes and joint venture partners. A special emphasis will be on how to totally own and control your local Realtor market where most notes are generated.

2. How to finance the notes, through private and institutional sources. Not how to broker them, but how to buy them on your own behalf - with 100-130% financing. How to buy a note and get paid to do it.

3. How to increase the yields and cash flows on notes so that your average portfolio yield is over 40% with funds borrowed as low as 10-15%. In other words, how to make at least 25% interest on borrowed money without the need for cash or credit.

4. How to build your team. Everyone needs a team. Just like they say, you can’t cover all the bases yourself. The most important element you may ever have is your team. Just because you are in business FOR yourself, doesn’t mean you have to be in business BY yourself.

I’ve always been an educator, not a promotor. That’s what I’ll give at the convention. No fluff - no hype.

Re: 99 conference question - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on December 07, 1998 at 09:31:06:

Each speaker has 2 to 2 1/2 hours to speak. Can a
speaker tell you everything you could possible need to
know on a topic in this length of time? Heck, NO.

Will Ron LeGrand have time to repeat everything that is
already written in his course? I think the obvious
answer to this question is “NO.”

Speakers have enough time to teach you some things, to
present some insights and tools. If one of our speakers
can sum up the entire body of his knowledge in 2 hours,
I think I made a mistake in selecting that speaker.

If you want the step-by-step details of LeGrand’s course,
get the course. If you want information, knowledge,
tips, tools, tactics and insights on a wide variety
of topics, the opportunity to meet and brainstorm
with the speakers, and the chance to network with
other investors from the site, join us at the convention.

JP Vaughan

Re: Facts - not fluff - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on December 07, 1998 at 15:39:57:

Thanks John. I also should have mentioned that NONE of
the scheduled talks will be “fluff.” Every single
speaker is prepared to give attendees as much
information as possible in the time scheduled. Moreover,
ever speaker (except Jeffrey Taylor who has a prior
commitment to be in Chicago on March 6th) will be an
active part of the Round Table Discussions. So if you
still have questions that need answers, you will have
hours to pick the brains of these experts.

JPV