A. D. Kessler - Posted by Chris Thompson

Posted by Chris Thompson on March 10, 2005 at 08:23:53:

When you bought reo’s what % of FMV did you pay and could you tell me the steps for doing this. I think that I may have found a good property and need some help.

A. D. Kessler - Posted by Chris Thompson

Posted by Chris Thompson on March 06, 2005 at 22:35:49:

I would like to hear from anyone that has personal knowledge of how successful Mr. Kessler has been at helping others to make money in creative real estate. If you have benefited from his program I would especially appreciate your comments.(also comments that are con)

Re: A. D. Kessler - Posted by Nimesh Patel

Posted by Nimesh Patel on May 02, 2005 at 14:45:35:

I would not buy anything from the A.D. Kessler sales people who are based out of Provo, Utah. I was about to buy from them and asked for PROOF/EVIDENCE. I asked the salesperson if they make money by selling the mentoring program or if they make money in creative real estate. Thus, before spending several thousand dollars on their mentoring program, I asked for PROOF/EVIDENCE that the salesperson made money through crative real estate. The salesperson blew up and got very upset with me and screamed over the phone. The salesperson said “you are not serious about making money in real estate Mr. Patel”. I am glad I didn’t send off my hard earned money to this organization.

Re: Check him out, - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on March 10, 2005 at 18:50:31:

on the cheap. Some of his meterial is available on half.com/ Specifically the book “Fortune at your feet” for pocket change on half.com/ This book has got some age on it, but then so does the author. I think he is in his mid 70’s, and has been in real estaate for 50 years or more. Many of the top name guru’s have been his students over the years.

That said his meterials may not be just the thing for a new investor. His preferences are in commercial real estate situations and his meterials are quite pricy. So read an old copy of his book for pocket change, and then you decide.

Re: A. D. Kessler - Posted by del-ohio

Posted by del-ohio on March 08, 2005 at 19:53:37:

adam says > dont waste your money, i almost did a month ago, but did some research and found out it isnt worth it for any of those programs.

Remember that opinions are that, opinions. One of the most valuable lessons I have learned is to solicit many opinions but to especially note if the person gving the opinions is just opinionated or also accomplished in the field he/she is very opinionated about.

I know dozens of VERY successful real estate investors who would totally disagree with that statement.

I did a recent 1 week boot camp with Robyn Thompson the Rehab Queen and two of the nuggest that I learned have been literally worth many many times the price of the program.

I am not very familiar with AD KESSLERS program but I pay a couple thousand at least twice a year on boot camps. It is some of the best money I have ever spent.

It is also interesting that many if not most of the “students” are very successful already.

The only personal knowledge I have of AD KESSLER is one of my former tenants took his program and was very happy with it, she had bought two houses (her first) within two month after she came back from his program. I have not followed up with her so I dont know how successful she was with it.

We gave done 31 deals now since Jan 02 when we started.

My advise would be to read all the how to articles and success stories on creonline, figure out what aspect of RE Investing appeals to you and then take a targeted seminar/bootcamp.

The best to you,

Del-Ohio

Re: A. D. Kessler - Posted by adam

Posted by adam on March 07, 2005 at 14:24:09:

dont waste your money, i almost did a month ago, but did some research and found out it isnt worth it for any of those programs, just research online and save your money

he’s older than that… - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on March 12, 2005 at 18:09:11:

I think he fought in WWII and is more like mid 80s

Re: A. D. Kessler - Posted by Chris Thompson

Posted by Chris Thompson on March 08, 2005 at 20:11:33:

Thank you for your response. The One thing that I know is that looking at these articles will help me and working with successful people will help me to be successful.(`birds of a feather flock together’)
I would like to know if you have done any flips and if so, were any of them foreclosures.

Re: A. D. Kessler - Posted by Chris Thompson

Posted by Chris Thompson on March 07, 2005 at 14:31:35:

Thank You, adam, for the info. This does seem to be the place to find information on real estate investment. Any other sites that you would recommend for the beginner?

Re: A. D. Kessler - Posted by del-ohio

Posted by del-ohio on March 08, 2005 at 21:04:17:

Flips you ask… depends on your definition.

My main strategy is rehab and sell, if that is your definition then yes, that is what I do.

If you are talking flip in the sense of assigning/selling a property before closing or wholesaling for a nominal fee then the answer is no, but I am helping someone else get started with that strategy. She has done two of them now and we are gearing up to get her to do two of them a month.

Forclosures; I have bought at auction, one property, that we rehabbed. In my area rehabbers are paying a lot more at auction then I am willing to pay.

Most about 85% of the properties I buy are bank reos… so forclosure properties in that sense.

My Experience

Del-Ohio

Re: A. D. Kessler - Posted by adam

Posted by adam on March 07, 2005 at 15:07:40:

well it depends on where you want to begin, this is the best place to find out info about every aspect and which you want to pursue further. im workin on my first deal now. there are many ways to invest in real estate. start lookin here at the different sections and take it from there

Re: A. D. Kessler - Posted by Tami N.

Posted by Tami N. on June 09, 2006 at 11:45:53:

My husband and myself have just started, we have been looking for and have bid on a couple of properties(bank owned), the banks wanted to much after I figured the exact budgets. I think we have finally found our first money maker. We do the same thing “Rehab and Resell”. Have you run into any legal issues with “Flipping”. Or banks/mortgage people getting really angry with you. Or do you find you stay in the properties long enough. Or have you never even heard of legal issues. Also do you find it takes longer to find the properties than fix them up.
Which I don’t mind I predict a quality profit so it is worth it. I wonder if I am too picky or careful.
Thanks for your insight!