...a "dead" issue - Posted by abe

Posted by Young Jedi on September 22, 2005 at 21:27:20:

I didn’t know the will wasn’t probated here.

What you wrote sounds good, but you had better get
some professional legal advice on this specific to your state laws.

A title company should be able to give you some advice on this as well.
Find out what the want before they will issue title insurance on the property.

Even though I am an international man of mystery, I know when to shrug my shoulders and ask for the right help.

“Yeah, baby!”

…a “dead” issue - Posted by abe

Posted by abe on September 21, 2005 at 13:29:54:

I’ve been in contact with a an heir to an estate (the estate was left to the wife the wife died and now this person is the heir to the wife)…after 2 email dialogues this seems to be a dead issue with him…the heir is in The Netherlands and land in the States.
Is this really a dead issue? or can it be circumvented? since he doesn’t want to assert any claim whatsoever, the deceased wife is the last to have legal claim…

Get the Facts - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on September 22, 2005 at 08:24:45:

how, precisely,is the property titled? once you know that, you can start the process. you may have zero, one or two probates to complete before you can secure title. it all depends.

Re: …a “dead” issue - Posted by Young Jedi

Posted by Young Jedi on September 21, 2005 at 18:44:16:

There is real property in the estate of the decedent?
And the heir is not interested in it?

That’s what adverse possession was invented for!
Take it and enjoy it.

I’m kidding a little here…then again…

Seriously, would the heir in the Netherlands sign a deed to you if you FedEx’ed one to him?

Let him know that you will handle all of the arrangements regarding the real estate to clear things up so that there is no liability to him should something happen to someone on the property.

Re: …a “dead” issue - Posted by abe

Posted by abe on September 22, 2005 at 07:47:58:

Thanks Jedi,
How would I handle the fact that the will of the mother indicating him as her heir is not admitted in the US, could I get a certified copy from The Netherlands myself (if by law) and enter it myself with the a signed deed?