A Frontal Lobotomy, Or A Bottle In Front Of Me ? - Posted by Perry IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 25, 1999 at 24:32:55:

Perry,
As always, you are an uplifting person to talk to, read posts from, and meet in person.
My wife and I noticed YOU before anyone else at the convention (kinda hard to miss a guy with “motivational quote signs” pinned to his suit coat), and are darned glad that we got the chance to meet you.
It made me realize that not all central Illinois people are “boring farmer types”. LOL!!
(just kidding John and others from there)
The encourafing words idea is Great and one of the things that has been the biggest assets of this website for me.
Good idea and thanks,
Jim IL

P.S. If your idea of “failing” is what you are doing now, then I hope to get an “F” in my REI education.

A Frontal Lobotomy, Or A Bottle In Front Of Me ? - Posted by Perry IL

Posted by Perry IL on May 24, 1999 at 22:55:02:

If you are reading this post then my subject headline has done it’s intended job, and that is to draw in the participants of this news group, to my message tonight.

I would like to challenge everyone utilizing this awesome resource / web site, to make it a habit of finding at least one, if not more than one posting, that you the reader, can offer an encouraging message to. That’s it. Short…and sweet…and to the point.

Allow me to say that again.

Before leaving this site, each and every time you drop by, take just a moment to seek out one posting, just one itty bitty posting, and offer some words of encouragment to that person.

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and for giving this posting a couple minutes of your time tonight.

When people ask you this: “How are you ?” try this response.

TERRIFIC ! … but I’ll get better. (credit to Zig Ziglar, seen live)

Failing my way to success, and EXPECTING to succeed !

Thank you again, Perry K. Harris

Wasting bandwidth? - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Posted by Kevin(OK) on May 26, 1999 at 10:01:44:

The way it stands now, a post lasts about 1 day on this newsgroup. If everyone posted “Hello! I was here” type messages, we would be lucky to have a post last 1/2 of a day. Also, have you read the “clean slate” post by JP? If everyone starts posting randomly, I think that the stuff that JP wants stopped would get worse. Just post when you have helpful information. Please!

Thanks

Kevin(OK)

Re: A Frontal Lobotomy, Or A Bottle In Front Of Me ? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on May 25, 1999 at 11:47:11:

That is terrific Perry.

One other thing. Whenever someone says something negative. “My grandmother died, and my father was in a car wreck and broke both his arms, and then I lost my job, and there are no bargains in RE in my town.” You can’t say that is great or terrific, so just say that is AMAZING. Don’t let them rain on your parade.