A Great Opportunity it appears - Posted by Jim

Posted by Chireen on August 22, 2003 at 24:33:20:

You need to contact a Real Estate Agent in your area who is able to sell HUD homes (FHA). You can do this by going to www.firstpreston.com or calling a few offices and asking them if they sell HUD homes. You can also get information on all the current HUD homes for sale in your area (at www.firstpreston.com). Their website will explain the entire process of bidding on a HUD home.
Good Luck!
Chireen
“My 2 cents worth…and priced just right!” :slight_smile:

A Great Opportunity it appears - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on August 21, 2003 at 16:43:22:

Hello,

I was driving through a neighborhood in Plymouth, Mn (a pretty nice suburb of the Twin Cities) and saw a vacant house with the following info on a fyler attached to the window:

FHA Case Notice# 321-675237
Evidence of mold present
ABC Mgmt. Company, 111-234-5678

The house exterior needs work, ie. driveway, garage door, back porch, paint, etc.

Has anyone ever dealt with something like this before?

I’m new to the industry…this appears to follow under the “Ugly home” criteria.

Can anyone help me with what my next steps should be?

It would be gratly appreciated!

Thanks!

FYI, Homes are priced around $175-$250 in this area.

Re: A Great Opportunity it appears - Posted by Dion Huey

Posted by Dion Huey on August 22, 2003 at 04:50:16:

Hi Jim!

You had mentioned that the house had a sign on it that mentioned that it had a problem with mold and mildew, right? I have met some people that have run across this problem as well. After you perform your due diligence and if you decide to purchase he property, let me know. I don’t know if what my friends used will help solve your mold probem or not, but it is certainly worth a try! Just let me know!

whisperingwind182002@yahoo.com

AIM SN: whisperingwindhu