A lesson in math. - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by M.Osterman on March 01, 2006 at 08:28:53:

You didn’t give us any numbers so it’s hard to say what you could do.

A lesson in math. - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on January 16, 1999 at 10:09:57:

So you think you?re good at math, and a whiz on that calculator, huh? O.K., try this little test and see what kind of a score you get.

The CRE Convention in Dallas will cost you $495 to attend. If this was the price for the convention alone, it would be the bargain of the year. (Bet you won?t be able to go next year for that price.) But that unheard of obscene low price also includes your hotel room, plus a full course breakfast every morning, plus you get to spend three days and nights learning from 10-12 of the most successful investors and entrepreneurs in the country, covering all kinds of investments and techniques. There will be something for everyone, from beginning basics, to advanced money making techniques.

O.K., let?s see what it will cost you to attend the convention? Adding the $495 for the convention, plus transportation, taxi to hotel, lunch/dinner etc., shouldn?t be more than $800-$1,000 tops. Now, let?s see if we can figure how much it will cost you if you DON?T attend. Let?s do some “supposing.”

Suppose during the convention, one of the speakers shows you how to make a $5,000 profit, using none of your money by buying and flipping discounted notes. Or, you learn how to create a note on something, sell part of it to recover your cost, and still get a monthly check. Or, you learn how to lease option a property, sell the option and make $5,000 profit in a short time. Or, you learn how to be a “bird dog”, find the deal and flip it to an investor for $5,000 profit.

The list of possibilities goes on and on, and there are far too many proven money making techniques to even scratch the surface here. You will need to listen to all the speakers, then pick the plan you like, and the one that will work best for you. I used the profit figure of $5,000 because I believe that if you can figure out what keys to punch on a computer to find this web site, you certainly have the ability to learn how to do these small, simple deals.

O.K., so its cost you $1,000 to attend the convention. Because you did attend the convention, you learn a good money making technique, go back home and do a deal which gives you $5,000 profit. If that were the only deal you ever did, you?ve made a profit of $4,000 above the cost of going to the convention. And you?ve also met some great people and made new friends. But here?s what you should be dwelling on. Once you acquire the knowledge and learn how to make $5,000 profit one time, the education and knowledge you?ve gained to do that one deal, stays in your head for life. So you now have the ability to do as many deals as you want.

So, that being the case, could you just duplicate that fist deal many, many times? How much money could you make in 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or a life time, doing the same thing? How long would it take for you to reach financial security using the knowledge you gained from that convention? How long would it take for you to be able to “retire” and not have to worry about money? I can?t answer that for you, but I can tell you how long you will need to work a “job” if you don?t learn how to make your money work for you…the rest of your life. (And you probably won?t ever be financially secure working that job, either.)

Most everything we do is by choice. We can choose to learn how to make money, or we can choose to make excuses. Trust me, money is much better. Statistics show that 95% of people spend most of their life working a job. And when they retire, they will need help from someone in order to live a decent life. Those people made choices all during their life time. Unfortunately, most of them made the wrong choices and were not willing to get out of their comfort zone and make the necessary effort and sacrifices to make a good life for themselves and their family.

Many of those folks were convinced they couldn?t afford to go to seminars and conventions, so they wouldn?t spend the money. They wouldn?t pay for their education years ago, but they sure will pay for it when they reach retirement age.

In his excellent book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki, (who will be the keynote speaker at the convention) said that he paid $385 to go to a seminar which resulted in him making $2 million. Suppose Robert had not attended that seminar, could we say that it would have cost him $2M by not going? Here are several excerpts from RDPD:

· Education is more valuable than money.
· What you know is your greatest wealth. What you don?t know is your greatest risk.
· Our lives are a reflection of our habits. You become what you study.
· Most people never win because they are more afraid of losing
· Most people look only to their next paycheck instead of the future.

In closing, I?ll leave you with this thought. Some people MAKE things happen, some people LET things happen, some people WATCH things happen and some people don’t even KNOW what’s happening. Hope to see you in Dallas.

Best wishes for a great future,

Lonnie

P.S.

Joanne and I have chosen to leave early tomorrow for a “working cruise.” We?ll be spending all next week in the Caribbean “working” with 350-400 people of the NREIA. Yeah, I know, it?s a tough life, but somebody has to do it.

Re: A lesson in math. - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on January 16, 1999 at 12:05:52:

Hi Lonnie
I’m interested in the seminar. Can use the education, when was this date of the seminar your talking about?
Thanks Alex

Re: - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on January 16, 1999 at 14:45:29:

Hi Alex,

I?m not sure which seminar/convention you?re referring to. My post was about the CRE Online Convention in Dallas March 5-7. Click on the banner at top of the page which says CRE Online event of the year. It gives all the info and details.

If it was the NREIA convention cruise I mentioned, that starts tomorrow.

And, I?ll be doing a one day Deals On Wheels class in Dallas on Thursday, March 4, the day before the CRE convention. Hope this answers your question, if not give me a holler.

Best wishes,

Lonnie