A letter for park managers? - Posted by david kopp

Posted by John on May 30, 2006 at 20:40:45:

I agree with Don. Drive the bumps and visit the manager. Dress casually. Perhaps put on a pair of boots. Make him/her comfortable with you.

Say something like, “I buy these old suckers and fix 'em up. I like doing that kind of stuff. When I sell 'em I sign over the title and the people just pay me off by the month.”

Something like that. It won’t stop there naturally, but you’ve opened the door to talking about what you do.

You’ll be fine.

Oh, and read DOW

A letter for park managers? - Posted by david kopp

Posted by david kopp on May 30, 2006 at 11:25:01:

Thanks for this wonderful forum.

I have been having some trouble locating mobiles to purchase. I would like to approach some park managers and get them on my side, but I am not sure of how best to go about this. Has anyone tried writing a letter/proposal for park managers? I would like to seem more professional (I am 25 and most just think I am a first-time reno guy even after I explain myself). I was thinking about writing a letter outlining how my services can help the park. Do you think this would work? What would be the best thing to do?

Re: A letter for park managers? - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on May 31, 2006 at 24:04:37:

I wouldn’t send a letter first. Letters are something to be thrown away. But if you go meet a PM and chat about your business, then leave them with an outline of what you just told them, that might be a good idea.

Your likability and personality are going to carry more weight with the typical PM than a good business plan. But have the good business plan ready to go if asked for it.

In any park, if you do some deals and can demonstrate results, that’s the best way to prove yourself, and get in good with a PM.

Karl

Re: A letter for park managers? - Posted by Finance Guy

Posted by Finance Guy on May 30, 2006 at 19:04:48:

David:

Its best to hit the speed bumps and visit with the PMs in person. Have you read DOW at least 2-3 times? If you haven’t that is your next step. Don’t re-invent the process, just follow direction.

To your success,

Don Wilson (OK)