A Message to all ... - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by HR on April 28, 2000 at 21:00:26:

Great Post, Carol.

And yes, I’ll bet my last buck Rob would help her out; he’s a class act. (Not like me. I’m a nasty; I’d let her swing in the wind. :wink:

HR

PS. Tell Dennis to let go of your coattails. He drops his name at the end of all your delighful and profound posts; we all know he’s got nothin’ to do with it. He’s drinkin’ beer watchin’ Rosanne in front of the tube. Can’t fool me! ;)!

A Message to all … - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 28, 2000 at 08:26:44:

Some of the posts to RobFL, and occasionally to others who are gracious enough to share a bit of their personal life and motivation in posts, have provoked me into making a statement for ‘newbies’ and anyone who doesn’t “get it” yet …

As David A. said, this is a family of sorts.

When someone posts about a birth - a death - a tornado, flood or hurricane- even a BBall game, it’s OK.

This is not gossip. This is sharing.

And we all share A LOT here… and those who hang around end up sharing friendship,and heartache and great joy, and consumate frustration, along with ‘great tips’ on how to do a wrap , or what verbage to include in your l/o contracts.

That’s part of the “interactive” newsgroup.

Don’t knock it. Enjoy it, and profit from it.
The whole thing can be lifechanging. It has ours.

Love to all.
Carol and Dennis

Thanks Carol! Great Post (nt) - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 28, 2000 at 16:58:03:

nt

Re: A Message to all … - Posted by Glenn-OH

Posted by Glenn-OH on April 28, 2000 at 14:54:47:

As one who has spent my whole life in the mode of “business is business - leave the personal stuff out”, I agree wholeheartedly. Through counseling since my nervous breakdown four years ago, I now clearly see that that was part of the personality flaw that got me into trouble. Lighten up and enjoy the life happening around us, even if you don’t know the people personally.
Glenn

Re: A Message to all … - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on April 28, 2000 at 11:50:25:

What started out as “comfort in anonymity”, has turned into many friendships over the last year or so.

It was amazing to me to go to the convention in Atlanta and give hugs instead of handshakes to people I was technically meeting for the first time. This site has facilitated friendships that I am convinced I am better off for having.

There’s
Jim Piper (my “Daddio”),
JimIL (my “Twin Brain”),
Scott Smith (my “Cyber Shrink”),
SandyFL (my Long Lost Latino Lovin’ Sister),
and many others.

So, for those like Sandra, who do not see the need for “idle chit chat”, all I can say is relax and enjoy the ride. (Or as Dirk would say - “Maintain”.)

Brandi_TX

You summed it up beautifully, Carol! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on April 28, 2000 at 10:31:23:

I, for one, get a REAL lift out of hearing about the ‘positive’ things happening in others lives.

To tell you the truth, this board has helped me get through a VERY, very $stressful$ year. Even tho’ I am still hanging on by a thread and STILL behind the 8 ball, I know I am going to make it—thanks to ALL OF YOU and your postive influence! Couldn’t have done it without you!

Susan

One more thing to add… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on April 28, 2000 at 09:41:53:

even for purely selfish reasons one should avoid general bridge burning and alienating of people on this site. Next week Sandra may have a burning question on a lucrative deal and, lo and behold, Rob (FL) may be uniquely situated to answer it. How willing is he going to be to do that?

Atta Boy! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on May 01, 2000 at 07:57:58:

It IS theraputic!

AWE, ain’t that sweet. I feel all warm and tingly. Õ¿Õ (nt) - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 05, 2000 at 02:34:40:

.whipper snapper.

Knowing Rob, he’ll be there for her! (nt) - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 28, 2000 at 10:23:27:

Re: One more thing to add… - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on April 28, 2000 at 10:13:39:

All I have to say is AMEN! We all need each other and you get more with honey than you do with vinegar.

I look forward to meeting you guys at a convention soon.

Thanks,
Shenesa,NY