A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by Marsha-NY

Posted by JT-IN on March 28, 2006 at 09:45:44:

Hi John:

Kim’s calling was much more of social work… networking people together, going out of her way trying to help people, even when the one who really needed help, was Kim. Your description of here John, of how she led you to Cre, is/was her attribute, as she loved to talk and help someone in some way. She helped not only you in that process, but indirectly the many people that you have been able to help on Cre, by your frequent participation and counsel to many on this site. So thanks Kim, for facilitating the hook-up of John Corey to the Cre family, as it has benefited many.

I personally knew Kim, as she lived in Cincy, and contacted me as a result of Cre. She had many personal obstacles in her life, and persevered through most of them, until the final challenge that she couldn’t overcome. While RE investing never did pan out for her, She was an advocate for many, and some of which were better off than she, but she crusaded on in spite of some very difficult circumstances… not just her latest health problems, but many problems before that… and somehow she waded through, onward and upward… Quite a lot of tenacity embodied in one human being.

Her involvement with Cre and some other sites, gave her some purpose that she otherwise would not have been albe to have. The family at Cre and other sites, were very important to Kim, and in some way… really many ways, filled some of the void that existed in her life.

One never knows by the pecking away on a keyboard, how much of an impact it can have on the receipients life. In Kim;s case, her give and receive on this site was of great impact to her, as was as significant impact to other here too… So while it is sad that she is no longer among us in a mortal way, I’m sure she is already working on the equivilent of that next RE deal in the hereafter… whatever that may be. She has no doubt talked her way into the hearts of her new friends, family, Brothers and Sisters, at the cyber-site in the sky…

Farewell Kim. Your mission will be missed, as few would be able to motivate themselves to perform under your conditions, as you have. God Bless.

JT-IN

A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by Marsha-NY

Posted by Marsha-NY on March 26, 2006 at 17:10:37:

TRIBUTE TO KIM-OH
I hope all will take a moment and post a comment here for those that she touched their lives in some way. Thank you for taking the time to read this. We have lost one of our own! TRIBUTE TO KIM-OH
Unfortunately, I became aware today that Kim-OH crossed over on March 20th, 2006 at 2:40 pm. This is a woman that less than a week before her death was online trying to help those that were just coming into the business of investing. I?ve known and chatted with Kim for about 3 years and have benefited from her knowledge on numerous occasions while I was unaware of her daily struggles. I know from personal experience that she always took the upper path when many were taking another route. She was not always the most popular but she could always back up her statements with fact. I regret that Kim was unable to achieve her goals of being a landlord for the disabled but she had some degree of success in her past that spurred her on. I have not, nor do I expect to meet someone with her degree of commitment to investing. Only months before her death, she was still looking at properties and making offers. My thought today is if this woman, who knew she had a limited time here and was so aware of it; could keep her goals of investing first and foremost, what stops any of the rest of us? She called me less than 5 days before she left these earthly bonds to see how I was doing. Kim?s energy is with us still and my hope is that all of us that knew or benefited from her knowledge or experience would take a moment to reflect on what she really gave to this site. I know, I will miss her! I regret that I have been unable to find a published obituary for Kim; however, the www.mrlandlord.com site has been good enough to provide a picture of Kim for those that might want to attach a face to the name. The picture is as follows:
http://bbs.mrlandlord.com/photos/index.mgi2?name=Kim(OH
Please take a moment to express your thoughts!

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by b_ca

Posted by b_ca on April 09, 2006 at 24:10:12:

It’s great seeing the nice comments everyone wrote about Kim. We were good friends for a time altho we never actually met…funny how that works. In the end…its not about real estate or making money…its the people we touch. Thanks KIm!!! {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by Kim_CA

Posted by Kim_CA on March 29, 2006 at 20:12:03:

I met Kim shortly after finding this site. It’s been almost 6 years. How time flys.
Back then there were so many of us that became friends. The chatroom was a great place for finding good friends.
Kim was one of the people who helped me through some very bad times. We had had some tragic events in my family and Kim was one of the few people I would talk to privately about things. Sometimes we would all be there all night long. It was like girls nite alot of times. Kim and I and a couple of the other women would work out our problems and talk shop at the same time. We learned alot from eachother and about eachother.
Kim could always hold her own in the chatroom. She wasn’t one to back down and you always knew where she was coming from. I got to know her well over the years. We talked on the phone, emailed eachother and spent countless hours in that chatroom.
I hadn’t checked my email in a few days. Just did that. Marsha was nice enough to let me know what had happened. Guess I feel a little numb right now. Kim was a kind, intellegent person. She wil be missed and I’ll think about her forever.
I hope her last days were not hard days. I hope she went away peacefully. I hope that some of the things she needed to happened, happened before she left. Actually I’d like to think she hasn’t gone anywhere. I want her to be right here with the friends who really knew her and loved her.
Some may not have agreed with her at times or maybe even didn’t like her. That’s because she was honest. She didn’t put up with crap and she spoke her mind. She tried to look out for people and sometimes that came back on her. To those people I’d like to say I’m sorry you missed out on knowing such a wonderful person. And believe me. You truely did miss out.

I love you Kim! Thank you for being a good friend. I miss you.
TTYL

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by Kim_CA

Posted by Kim_CA on March 29, 2006 at 20:10:11:

I met Kim shortly after finding this site. It’s been almost 6 years. How time flys.
Back then there were so many of us that became friends. The chatroom was a great place for finding good friends.
Kim was one of the people who helped me through some very bad times. We had had some tragic events in my family and Kim was one of the few people I would talk to privately about things. Sometimes we would all be there all night long. It was like girls nite alot of times. Kim and I and a couple of the other women would work out our problems and talk shop at the same time. We learned alot from eachother and about eachother.
Kim could always hold her own in the chatroom. She wasn’t one to back down and you always knew where she was coming from. I got to know her well over the years. We talked on the phone, emailed eachother and spent countless hours in that chatroom.
I hadn’t checked my email in a few days. Just did that. Marsha was nice enough to let me know what had happened. Guess I feel a little numb right now. Kim was a kind, intellegent person. She wil be missed and I’ll think about her forever.
I hope her last days were not hard days. I hope she went away peacefully. I hope that some of the things she needed to happened, happened before she left. Actually I’d like to think she hasn’t gone anywhere. I want her to be right here with the friends who really knew her and loved her.
Some may not have agreed with her at times or maybe even didn’t like her. That’s because she was honest. She didn’t put up with crap and she spoke her mind. She tried to look out for people and sometimes that came back on her. To those people I’d like to say I’m sorry you missed out on knowing such a wonderful person. And believe me. You truely did miss out.

I love you Kim! Thank you for being a good friend. I miss you.
TTYL

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on March 28, 2006 at 07:22:22:

I was shocked when I saw the subject line. Then I remembered that Kim and I had traded a few emails about how she was ill. From the way she spoke you would think she was getting better rather than she was going to lose the battle. A reference would be made to being ill and then the conversation moved on to the next deal.

In an odd way Kim is why I am a frequent contributor to CREOnline. I tended to frequent some other websites. Someone pointed me to the chat facility here. One of the first people I ran into was Kim. She was a regular and she definitely made a person want to come back and chat again. As the server was not reliable at the time Kim and I started to exchange a few emails when the server was down. From there I found the forums.

The number of great people I have met through the CREOnline forums or in person at a CREOnline event has been a big bright spot over the last 2 years. Indirectly it was Kim connected me with the group and for that I say thank you. Though I have a hard time saying I knew Kim well, she was definitely someone you warmed up to quickly. She will be missed.

John Corey

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on March 27, 2006 at 17:45:17:

Marsha,

That is terrible news to hear. After reading your post I do remember speaking with her about a possible move and investing in FL.

My thoughts will be with her friends and family today.

RichV(FL)

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by Tom-IL

Posted by Tom-IL on March 26, 2006 at 23:24:38:

Kim-OH was one of the first persons to greet me on creoline chat. Over the months and years we chatted I found her to be a wounderful woman, who was allways willing to help others, loved God, and wanted so much to be a land loard to provide a place for people with disabilities a nice place to live. Although she didn’t attain the fame and fortune of some, she touched the people she met with the spirit of a champion. I will miss you Kim

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 26, 2006 at 21:45:38:

Marsha,

I knew Kim,

She was the real thing. If I had to describe her in one word, it would be (GENUINE).

She would call me from time to time to pick my brain. At first I though this lady is just trying to get free mentoring and then I realized that from my posts, she felt she knew me and since she trusted my judgment, she could call on me for help. How can you say no to someone who trusts you and values your opinion?

The last time I talked to Kim was last year about attending my workshop. We were on the phone for over 2 hours and I can?t tell you how good she made me feel just to know how much she was appreciating our moment together. She has the ability of making you feel like you?re the most important person in the world. Because time was running out and I had things to do and as badly as I wanted to get off of the phone I couldn?t. After today, I?m glad I didn?t.

Here is a copy of a post that she posted on my behalf, http://www.creonline.com/real-estate-financing/wwwboard6/messages/47004.html.

Kim, I want to thank you for sharing this time and space,

Ed Garcia

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by jeff_oh

Posted by jeff_oh on March 26, 2006 at 21:01:48:

I have had the privilege to chat with Kim. She has been very helpful and encouraging in helping me to keep going. She seemed to be very up beat and enjoyed life very much. Even when the false alarm/ fire alarm would go off in her apartment building. She wouldn?t just shrug it off like so many neighbors would do. She would check on her neighbors and see if they were ok. Kim thank you for the lasting memories an impressions and the lives you have touch. You will certainly be missed.

Jeff
In Lima Ohio

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by Stephanie

Posted by Stephanie on March 26, 2006 at 19:52:59:

I am so saddened by the news of Kim’s passing. She was a warm and kind women. I only hope that she is now pain free and seeing and HEARING all the beauty of heaven and our Maker. She will be greatly missed!

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by alex

Posted by alex on March 26, 2006 at 18:18:45:

A friend of mine had touch a lot of people here in the chat room. Kim is a speical person and she always found it important to be more concerned with other needs, then her own situation. I hope I can follow her examples and make a differance for others. Isn’t that what the lord intended for all of us? I truely beleive that Kim will be rewarded here on this earth or the next world.
I’ll miss her silly jokes, and her serious business ethic’s. It only sadden me to think we were so close to doing a deal together and never did. It only goes to show that if you don’t step up and follow your dreams you may never achive them. Kim I’ll miss you but I will never forget you, your in my heart and prayer my friend.

Pray for Kim:

Our father who are in heaven hollow be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspassed against us. Lead us not into temtation but deliver us from all evil. For thy it the kingdom, the power, the gorly for ever and ever, AMEN.

Re: A Moment of Silence for Kim-OH - Posted by Jay NM

Posted by Jay *NM* on March 26, 2006 at 17:22:49:

My name is Jay and I never meet Kim-OH any where but on the Creonline chatroom. I only had the opportunity to chat with her a few times, however she has left a lasting impression of her with me. She was so kind and helpful, I for one will miss her a lot. Her passing will leave an empty spot in my heart. May God watch over her soul and take her under his wing.
With all my love and respect Kim you will be greatly missed.
Your Friend;
Jay (NM)