A professional RE Investor's business venture... - Posted by Panos A. (NY)

Posted by Jonathan Roy on July 20, 2002 at 18:56:29:

The way my boss at the mortgage company puts it is “Never chase a bad deal”.

-Jonathan

A professional RE Investor’s business venture… - Posted by Panos A. (NY)

Posted by Panos A. (NY) on July 16, 2002 at 10:35:22:

Hi. I was curious and want to get a general picture in my mind of how a prof. REI surfs through their daily endeavors to “grow and multiply.” Do u go out there looking for homes, do u check in the paper or any related publication, do u have ads all over the place, do u work with RE agents or other people who bring the sellers to u, do sellers call u up… any other stuff that I can’t think of right now.

I’m pretty sure that my question is in most newbie’s mind, “how do the big guys do it?” - I would appreciate any responce.
Thanks.
Panos A (NY)

Pretty Simple… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on July 16, 2002 at 22:59:07:

Those that make a real good living at RE investing, know how to spot a loser a mile away…

Sound like it is oversimplified… It is not.

Essentially, many newbies, or folks possessing not much experience, will continually attempt to make deals work that Joe Kaiser, on his best day, couldn’t make work. In other words… you can’t make a silk purse out of a Sows ear… to coin a country-boy saying. Or, you can’t breath life into a corpse… But then lots of RE investors no doubt tried to do this very thing… today; repeatedly.

Learn to spot the difference between an opportunity and a waste of time, and this business is 90 % licked…

Now those of you who have not yet figured out how to do this, may struggle with the intent of this message, but it is really no more difficult than it sounds; trust me!

What mastering the above mindset will do for you is, it will put you in front of more people that can say saying NO.

Just the way that I view things…

JT-IN