A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT.... - Posted by Anthony

Posted by martha on October 28, 1999 at 14:59:00:

you could quit clogging up the board with your nonsense? If you think that this thread is not REI related, please quit wasting valuable space answering these “non-REI-related” posts. Geeesh. Go back to bed, and try getting up on the right side.

A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT… - Posted by Anthony

Posted by Anthony on October 24, 1999 at 13:28:56:

With the help of the C/S Credit Building strageties, my credit has been improving steadily over the past year. Now, I’m practically getting credit card offers daily. I was offered an AMX card the other day and though I don’t really need another credit card, I wondered if the AMX card may actually have a positive effect on my credit report… as balances are paid of each month. Any input on this is welcome.
Thanks,
Anthony

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT… - Posted by TonyB

Posted by TonyB on October 31, 1999 at 01:03:01:

One thing to be aware of when rebuilding your credit (to buy real estate). It is the FICO score that most lenders look for. If you have a lot of credit cards open, even with a zero balance, it could lower the FICO score. This is because you have available credit on them which might be used at any time. Therefore, you might be in a ratio problem and have a hard time qualifying for a loan.
Such was the case with one of my clients where he made over $10k per month. But he had 61 credit card trade lines open with a zero balance. Although he paid all of his debts on time, his FICO score was less than 650. My lender did not want to touch the deal. So when opening new accounts, be sure that it is not something that you do not intend to use.

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT… - Posted by julius levai

Posted by julius levai on October 26, 1999 at 14:16:43:

Hi! The last time I got info on AMX card was that you have to pay within 30 days the full amount, and they do not report to any credit recording agencies. So what is the use? I maybe outdated on this… Julius Levai

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT… - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on October 26, 1999 at 10:10:21:

Of course. Any credit (card or loan) that you get and make payments on will help your credit.

Mark

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT…Ask them - Posted by phil

Posted by phil on October 26, 1999 at 21:58:11:

This is an REI site, not a credit site, why don’t you call AMX and ask THEM what the use is???

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT…Ask them - Posted by Julius Levai

Posted by Julius Levai on October 27, 1999 at 03:41:00:

Phil! Thanks for answering my question which I did not have. Credit and R.E. goes together like… you fill in the blank! Sorry if you had a bad day! Julius Levai

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT…Ask them - Posted by Phil

Posted by Phil on October 28, 1999 at 14:48:24:

I guess I thought you had a question since you ended the sentence with a question mark??? So what are you saying, you just post any thought that crosses your mind??? You’re correct, I am having a bad day??? Don’t you listen to the gurus??? You don’t need credit, or money to buy property???

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT CREDIT…Ask them - Posted by nicoletteburkey

Posted by nicoletteburkey on February 26, 2001 at 13:15:21:

i need to ask if i still have to pay bill for a school that change it name