a quick heads-up, ARC parks - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Ryan (NC) on April 14, 2006 at 07:57:00:

I understand your reasoning with this particular situation due to your recent change of circumstances. You are well respected in this group and just didn’t want to see a newbie trying to pull this off. :wink: Hope to see ya again in the near future!

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler

a quick heads-up, ARC parks - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on April 13, 2006 at 10:16:31:

I learned today that lenders (i.e., Lonnie dealers) in ARC-owned parks do not have to pay late fees on lot rent. This applies to vacant homes.

Just thought I’d pass on that tidbit. Something my PM did not share with me until she needed a favor.

Anne

Re: a quick heads-up, ARC parks - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on April 13, 2006 at 12:46:00:

Anne,

Thanks for the info as my main parks are ARC. I am not sure what you are saying though. Do you mean that they can only charge the lender the lot rent and no penalties?

Jad

Re: a quick heads-up, ARC parks - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on April 13, 2006 at 14:46:40:

Jad- What I was told is that, as a lender, when I have a vacant home I will not be charged late fees if the lot rent is late. However, it will reflect badly on the PM if the lot rent isn’t paid by the 18th.

Usually I am spot-on about lot rent payment being on time for my PMs, but this month I had a better use for my money and told the PM I would pay lot rent late and that I’d pay whatever the late fees were. She called me today in a flurry about where was my lot rent? I told her it would be there on Monday with the late fees attached and she let the cat out of the bag that I didn’t owe any late fees.

I’m a little surprised because on one other occasion when I was (an hour) late with lot rent I added in the late fee and never was told anything about it (nor was it credited to the following month’s account). In addition, I’ve been sending in my lot rent from out of state for the past 3 months paying overnight fees to get it there on time- had I known I would not have done so.

From now on I plan to pay on the 15th. Since they won’t give me reduced lot rent on vacants they can wait for their money.

I’m assuming these are ARC policies, but check with your local PM.

Anne

Re: a quick heads-up, ARC parks - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by Ryan (NC) on April 13, 2006 at 21:18:10:

Anne,

I must respectfully disagree with this advice, we are in the business of solving problems including the PM’s… The biggest problems a PM or park owner faces on a daily basis is collections and problem tenants, we separate our self?s from the common tenant by eliminating these problems for them.

Most bad debt (home loans, personal property, ect.) allow for a grace period and right or wrong they will get paid after all of my obligations are met to the parks and private investors that have gotten us to where we are today.

Just my 2 cents.

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler

Re: a quick heads-up, ARC parks - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on April 13, 2006 at 16:38:10:

Anne,

Thanks for the info. I don’t know if I will have to worry about it though as my PM doesn’t pay attention to a lot of the ARC policies. She even gave me free lot rent for a couple of months on one. It might have to do with the fact that I took it off her hands and she got rid of her bad debt but I don’t care. She is about to have me take 4 more from her when she gets the titles. I will definitely be working her for free lot rent on those for awhile. I have a good relationship because of helping her so often and just sitting and listening to her gripe. It is paying off great for me.

Jad

Re: a quick heads-up, ARC parks - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on April 14, 2006 at 07:13:11:

Ryan,

Point well taken.

If you check the archives you’ll see that I have always been an advocate for “solving the PMs problems” and “pay your private investors first”. So perhaps my post from yesterday appeared inconsistent in that context.

There are extenuating circumstances here that I won’t go into, let me just say that if this PM had more payors like me she’d be delighted. She’s fine with my plan.

I guess I should have added “don’t try this at home.”

Anne