A Quick Question - Posted by Jamie

Posted by B.W. MASON on January 14, 2001 at 19:31:50:

UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THIS A FEW TIMES IT WOULD BE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO GET A GOOD REALESTATE ATTORNEY TO PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS. THE LITTE MONEY YOU SPEND NOW TO DO IT RIGHT MIGHT SAVE YOU DOWN THE ROAD. HAPPY HUNTING

A Quick Question - Posted by Jamie

Posted by Jamie on January 14, 2001 at 18:18:27:

Hello all,

When you come to an agreement with your Seller, do you have your attorney prepare all the documentation or do you prepare them yourself? I’m trying to decide the best approach. I’m not very familiar with all that should be on the documents (weasel clauses, etc.) and I don’t want to make a mistake and have to pay for it later.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jamie

Re: A Quick Question - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on January 15, 2001 at 14:12:57:

Most here do it themselves, but they get educated first, and may, especially the first time they use a form get it approved by their attorney, I would say. Go to legalwiz.com for a contract forms. You only need one good weasel clause, such as inspection. Too many muck up your document…

Re: A Quick Question - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on January 14, 2001 at 18:40:58:

Jamie,

We prepare our own Purchase Agreements to get the deal under contract. We then let our attorney check title and prepare the documents that get recorded. Any private documents that don’t get recorded (Land Trust Agreement, Assignment of Beneficial Interest, etc.) we prepare ourselves.

Monique