a Special Thanks, to a Special Person.... - Posted by Ed Garcia

I’m not speechless - just blown away !!! - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on January 22, 2000 at 05:32:51:

Wow!
Once again I am just blown away by your perspective.

I was wondering how you were going to respond to all this fan fare. Thanks for all the acknowledgment etc.I really enjoyed Karps point about the dog licking your face.

But no. You completely turned it around. You are the one who gets the benefit and learns the most from being a contributor to this newsgroup. Its not the fact that literally hundreds of people are learning and developing their careers by logging on to your posts. Thats a given, but its your attitude that shines through and I consider that your most precious gift to this site.

Its not easy to learn that you must first deliver the goods and then the rewards will come. Most of us are of the old school where we think “Man you give me the paycheck and I’ll show you how great a job I can do”. You turn that around & say “I’ll show you the best I can be and the rewards will follow”.

So many times we look at “whats in it for me”. The greatest lesson I have learned is to move off that point and ask “What is the best service I can provide right here right now” and then go and do it. The rewards may not be immediately evident, but be assured, there is a natural law out there that says “what goes around comes around”. We really can move mountains if we are prepared to forget who gets the credit and just go do it.

Thanks for teaching us that lesson on a daily basis.

If he bought more puppies he would have to leave the chat room more often! :slight_smile: nt - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 22, 2000 at 07:07:42:

nt