abandoned properties: - Posted by DeiDei

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on December 16, 1999 at 17:45:09:

Not at all. You are much better dealing directly with the bank. It saves the bank the realtor’s commission. Also, it can eliminate communication problems. Call the bank. (I hope it is a small one. National banks are notoriously hard to deal with. They always refer you to agents.)

Mark

abandoned properties: - Posted by DeiDei

Posted by DeiDei on December 16, 1999 at 08:37:26:

I hate being a newbie, but the upside is that all of you experts are here to help… :slight_smile:
I took everyone’s advice regarding the abandoned properties
and I was able to find information on both properties.
However, only 1 is delinquent in back taxes to the tune of
$9,907.74. It’s also an REO, but they weren’t able to tell
me who the mortgagor is. How do I find out who the mortgagor is ? The other property is current in taxes, but
nonetheless abandoned. Is it still possible that the owners
may want to sell ? What do you guys think ? hhmmmmm

Re: abandoned properties: - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on December 16, 1999 at 10:06:21:

Absolutely its possible they might want to sell. Even if they have no mortgage they are still on the hook for property taxes every year (and insurance unless they are stupid). What can it hurt to drop them a line?

As for the mortgagor, why do you need that info? Don’t you need the owner instead??

Mark

Re: abandoned properties: - Posted by DeiDei

Posted by DeiDei on December 16, 1999 at 10:28:43:

I know who the owners are for each property. However, the one I’m most interested in is delinquent in taxes and now it’s an REO for lack of payment. I sense the need to go through an agent for acquisition…am I correct ?